What's new

IOS 7 battery life

Scoobydoofan

Reaction score
I've been having bad battery life since I installed IOS 7. At the same time I got a Bluetooth adapter for my work vehicle. I noticed when I'm surfing the web and streaming Pandora I drains about 1% every minute or two. I'm playing music that's locally on the phone and now it's every 3 to 4 minutes loosing 1%. I'm guessing that streaming over Bluetooth and surfing the web is very taxing on the battery.

Can anyone confirm if I'm correct.

Thanks.

You are 100% correct. If you stream over a 3G or LTE connection it takes more battery than playing directly from memory. And the less bars you have showing for the cellular connection, the more battery it will drain.

Now streaming to a bluetooth speaker actually takes less power than playing the same song over the headphones at normal volume. So you are helping your battery life there. I recommend you simply get a car charger and use it when you are in the vehicle. This will overcome the battery drain issue.

I have a car charger. It's just a pet peeve of mine that every iPhone I've every owned never gets near what Apple
claims as far as battery life goes. I restored as a new phone last week and just got a 5s today and battery life is still the same. I'm thinking maybe I have a corrupted iCloud account.

If anyone knows if that would affect battery life please let me know.

Thanks.

its cause the battery apple decided to go with is embarrassingly small lol ... I mean its like what, 1440mah or something. I mean seriously....

its cause the battery apple decided to go with is embarrassingly small lol ... I mean its like what, 1440mah or something. I mean seriously....
If you look at other phones and the size of batteries in them, you will be embarrassed a lot more... the small battery in the iPhone is doing the job very well, and competition with bigger batteries will be "embarrassed" that they need such big batteries to get same results as iPhone. My son got the Galaxy S4, me the 4s and my wife and daughter the 5. And the Galaxy S4 is "embarrassing" by draining the battery so fast that it cant even beat my iPhone 4s......My son needs to charge it twice a day at least!!

Don't forget those HUGE screens eat up a great deal of power.

i used to have a galaxy note 2 and you could literally have the screen on all day long and you couldn't kill that battery. it has the longest battery life of any phone I've owned.

Please donot post comments like this with out detail reports that substantiate your information. There are many factors concerning why Apple chose that size and yes if requested I will be happy to provide information ...

Apple chose this size because it fits with the form factor and design of the phone. I am sure they could have doubled the battery size but then you'd have a very thick iPhone. There are very inexpensive remedies to preventing power depletion when you are unable to charge conventionally. I bought an iPhone battery case which weighs less than 2 ounces yet DOUBLES the life of my battery. You can get them on eBay for less than $20. Mophie sells these too but they are very expensive as they are Apple licensed.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

3G really drains battery life sooooooo fast. When i'm using it i think my batt life goes to 1-2 hrs only. whew!

That's odd. My battery life is actually better. I think it depends on the apps on your phone.

The thing we all forgetting here is that the time to charge is very fast! I think I need 1,5 hrs to charge my iPhone! Just at work I plug it in and fine! Never worried for battery life!

Even we are getting a bigger iPhone next year still love my iPhone 5!

The thing we all forgetting here is that the time to charge is very fast! I think I need 1,5 hrs to charge my iPhone! Just at work I plug it in and fine! Never worried for battery life!

Even we are getting a bigger iPhone next year still love my iPhone 5!
Its not always possible to go out somewhere while charging your phone wherever you go. Better batteries are always useful when you go out somewhere.

While overseas I used a Apotop DW-17 wifi rechargeable adapter not only can it recharge any phone but also handled the iPad. I achieved 15 hours on an iPhone 5 with GPS usage while walking in Hong Kong This device also can be used for streaming movies to several devices at the same time.
Finally great for backing up photos on the iPad via wifi hot spot or just view photos that are on a SDHD card or USB stick

It sells for around $70 world wide. And at that price using it to charge the phone was a bonus

y6ejupat.jpg