What's new

Pandora battery drain!

mvwwld4u

Reaction score
Why is pandora premium draining my battery? I used to be able to listen to the standard pay version almost all day through my Bluetooth headset without my phone dying, at least 6-8 hrs, usually my headset would die first. I decided to upgrade to the premium version and now if I'm not hooked up to a charger and open pandora up you can actually watch the battery life indicator dropping and sometimes it'll even skip 2-3 numbers. In reality it will go from 98-100% battery life to graveyard dead in less than 30 minutes and phone and battery get extremely hot. I opened pandora just a few minutes ago at 65% to check the settings and in 3 minutes from opening to closing it, I was down to 44% and the phone was starting to get hot! Someone please explain this and help me! My son can listen on his kindle logged into my account when I'm not listening for hours with no problem. Sometimes even hooked up to a charger I'm still losing power rather than gaining, especially if it's a 1 amp charger.

Yikes! If scifan's suggestion doesn't help I'd contact Pandora to see what they have to say. This is way over the top.
Edit: I was wondering if you're listening on Wi-Fi or cellular? I wonder if the phone might have a weak cell signal and is working hard to keep the connection going with all that data. I know if I have a poor cell signal my phone battery will drain quite a bit faster than usual. However, this still sounds extreme.

Something in the app seems to be draining your battery faster than normal. Does deleting the app and re-downloading it make any difference?

I did this and it worked. I have let pandora run several hours plugged into speakers on aux port and no charger on phone a few times since doing this and barely any battery usage at all. Thanks.