What's new

iOS 5 Nears Final Testing With Carriers

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iOS_5_FaceTime.JPG

Hold onto your seats, it’s about to get exciting around here! 9to5 Mac reports that Apple’s carrier partners throughout the world have started training up their employees in how to use the forthcoming iCloud and iOS 5. Apparently the type of training that they are undergoing is similar to that also currently being undertaken by Apple employees, and is also very similar to the way in which employees were trained up just prior to the launch of iOS 4 when the iPhone 4 was launched last year. 9to5 Mac also notes that Apple’s biggest carrier partners have been seeded very-close-to-final builds of iOS 5 so that they can carry out their final tests on the new operating software. According to the report, this particular build that has been sent to the carriers is even more up to date than the most recent beta that was seeded to developers. Sources for 9to5 Mac say that FaceTime via 3G and the Nuance Dictation speech-to-text facility are both now working in this latest build.

Source: Near-final iOS 5 build reaches late carrier testing, carriers begin support training | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence

cant wait to download this latest build, hopefully after beta 7 it will be the GM instead of a beta 8

3G FaceTime would be great. Agree with you unleashed. Bring on the GM. I think there will be one more beta first though...

whoohoo, I'm getting giggly like an old school girl about the new iPhone.....lol

Could be a dumb question.

If you have iPhone 4 will you be able to download ISO 5
if so I would be delighted with face time through 3 g

Thanks Tony

bonzo55 said:

Thanks Tony

I bet there will be a texting feature in the new iOS 5. AT&T recently added free any mobile to mobile calling if you subscribe to their unlimited texting plan. They wouldn't do this unless they expected a bunch of people jumping away from their texting plan. The way I see it they are adding value to prevent a mass exodus of texting subscribers.

bonzo55 said:

Thanks Tony

Yes. You're going to be to download ios5

I bet there will be a texting feature in the new iOS 5. AT&T recently added free any mobile to mobile calling if you subscribe to their unlimited texting plan. They wouldn't do this unless they expected a bunch of people jumping away from their texting plan. The way I see it they are adding value to prevent a mass exodus of texting subscribers.

It's called iMessage. You can text, send photos/videos etc. iPhone/pad/pod to iPhone/pad/pod for free over 3G or Wifi...

I wish they would give us an exact release date. The anticipation is killing me. The iPhone is already amazing but judging by the way they are describing iOS 5 this is gonna make it impossible for android to keep up.

see when people get their expectations up so high and then if apple dont deliver then you will be very disappointed. I am sure they will do a great job with the new device but I would not expect a miracle or some huge changes, I hope there is both of them things but I would not get my hopes up just incase.

Thanks for the replies.
Other than the phone bit I use FaceTime and Whatsapp the most.

It would be good to have face ti
me on 3G

Tony