What's new

Ios 5.0.1 update problems..

Chris951

Reaction score
Ok, I got my replacement iPhone 4 today after destroying my last one yesterday. It's running iOS 5.0 and I'm trying to update via software update in settings on the phone. It will download for a minute or two then it will say update failed. On my last phone, I tried updating it on itunes after restoring the phone and it would do the same thing. Is it just a problem with apple's servers or what? I don't think it's my wifi. I'm using my other virgin mobile phone as a wifi hotspot for wifi on my iPhone to download it cuz the phone requires that I'm on wifi to download the update. I'm at a loss and would really appreciate some help. Thanks

You need to have a strong and stable wifi Internet connection to download the update. It certainly not Apple server issue.

Ahh ok that makes sense. When I first downloaded it successfully on my last phone I was using safeways wifi lol. I'll just have to do that again. Thanks for the help man

You, my friend, were exactly right! I went down to Safeway to use their wifi and got it all installed with no issues. Thank you! :)