What's new

problem updating iOS on itunes!

Loulou10

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here....and can see that lots of you are experts in all things iphone! I have had an ipod for years, so am used to using itunes.....but have recently bought the iphone 4 and have been trying (without success!) to update the iOS software to the latest 4.3 version through itunes.

I say without success because every time I try and download the update of 666MB, my internet cuts out.....and rather than the download pausing, and then continuing downloading later, I'm having to start from the beginning. I've tried about 5 times, but given up now. Is there any way of downloading the update and updating my phone that doesn't involve iTunes?

the latest version is 4.3.5 but unless you have the shsh blobs saved you cannot downgrade

the latest version is 4.3.5 but unless you have the shsh blobs saved you cannot downgrade

Thanks, but I'm not trying to downgrade.....unfortunately I'm trying to upgrade! I have 4.3.3 at the moment and am trying to download 4.3.5......may have one last try later, then leave it and wait for iOS5 to come out next month!!!

Thanks, but I'm not trying to downgrade.....unfortunately I'm trying to upgrade! I have 4.3.3 at the moment and am trying to download 4.3.5......may have one last try later, then leave it and wait for iOS5 to come out next month!!!

Try use the direct link:

http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/041-1966.20110721.V3Ufe/iPhone3,1_4.3.5_8L1_Restore.ipsw

That is the latest .ipsw 4.3.5 firmware

Try use the direct link:

http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/041-1966.20110721.V3Ufe/iPhone3,1_4.3.5_8L1_Restore.ipsw

That is the latest .ipsw 4.3.5 firmware

That's great, thanks....I'll try that.

I would just wait till ios5 comes out, im sure you will enjoy it. I have had it for the past couple of months and love it.

Thanks for you help....after a couple of frustrating days, I downloaded the file direct as you suggested. It downloaded in super-quick time and it's now installed on my iphone!! Many Thanks