What's new

iPhone 3GS iOS 5 issues

xevilmickx

Reaction score
I have been having problems with this right and left. First, I kept getting the time out error when I would try and download the update from iTunes. I found this forum and downloaded the update file and used the shift click to update the phone that way. well, now I am getting "The iPhone could no be updated. An unknown error occured (3002)". I have just about given up on updated this thing, but figured I would give it another shot. I click on the more information button and it takes me to the apple website with various things to do. I have deactivated my anti virus software, I have reset my computer. I didn't have a problem updating iTunes to 10.5, but now, nothing seems to be working.​

Same happened me for many days and many attempts. Turned off firewall still no joy. Then turned off anti virus and worked first attempt.

yeah that didn't do anything for me. I am actually not even connected to the internet right now, however I was last night when I was trying it. I get the above error right after it extracts the software in iTunes.

I think I figured it out. instead of trying to update it, I restored it. will probably wipe my phone and I will have to redo everything, but I can handle that. Give me something to do tomorrow.