What's new

how to install ios 5 on jailbreaked iphone 4

rashidmdk

Reaction score
Hi,

I have iphone4 with jailbreaked 4.3.5 firmware. Now i want to upgrade it to iOS 5. When i connect to itunes, it says to update to latest ios 5. After pressing the update button it starts backing up my iphone and when it shows at the top of itunes 'Verifying iphone restore with Apple...' it gives me an alert error that The Iphone could not be restored. An unknown error occored(3194).

Kindly help me it will be highly appreciated...

One thing more, should i directly upgrade it by downloading and installing the jailbreaked iOS 5 firmware with redsnow or i am going on right way....

hmm interesting problem. i dont have an answer for you. but if i do decide to upgrade my 4 to ios5 i hope not to encounter problems but for now subscribed to the thread.

I had the same problem. I tried everything even changing the hosts file & I can get out of the error 3194. I tried re-installing the previous firmware with Tiny Umbrella & it worked.

thanks iphong for your reply...
But actually problem is i did not save any shsh file for any previous version of ios. Now how to downgrade jailbreaked iphone 4 from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3 or 4.2.1 without shsh file is a difficult task. It is quite risky as there is no confirmed test solution over internet. If anybody knows kindly tell me or any other alternative to upgrade iphone 4 from jailbreaked 4.3.5 to ios 5.

OK. The reason you got a 3194 error was because you were no longer pointing to Apple. If you want to get stock IOS5 up and running follow the following process.

1) iTunes must be on the latest 10.5 version, so get that up to date.
2) Open TinyUmbrella, switch to the Advanced tab, UNTICK the item "Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit", and close TinyUmbrella - This will guarantee you are pointing back at Apple.
3) Connect your phone to your PC and get it into DFU mode. Follow our guide here - DFU Mode for Dummies
4) Open iTunes, it will recognise the device in recovery mode, then press the restore button. IOS5 should now install successfully.

Hope that helps.

Thanx Arianak7..........you really champp....;-)..........i proceed with your steps and i am succeeded to upgrade to ios 5............thanx buddy again...:)

OK. The reason you got a 3194 error was because you were no longer pointing to Apple. If you want to get stock IOS5 up and running follow the following process.

1) iTunes must be on the latest 10.5 version, so get that up to date.
2) Open TinyUmbrella, switch to the Advanced tab, UNTICK the item "Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit", and close TinyUmbrella - This will guarantee you are pointing back at Apple.
3) Connect your phone to your PC and get it into DFU mode. Follow our guide here - DFU Mode for Dummies
4) Open iTunes, it will recognise the device in recovery mode, then press the restore button. IOS5 should now install successfully.

Hope that helps.

This is what exactly I did with my tethered jailbroken iPhone 4. Thanks for explaining it in detail.
Waiting patiently for IOS 5 untethered jailbreak. :)