What's new

iOS 4.1 Jailbreak OFFICIAL HOW TO VIDEO | iPod Touch 4G, iPhone 4, iPad, 3GS, iPod To

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeuEzwGx4Ps[/ame]​

The Following Devices Are Currently Supported (more coming soon):
iPod Touch 4G (4th Gen)
iPhone 4
iPhone 3gs OLD BOOTROM
iPod Touch 3G
iPad

*EDIT: NEW BOOTROM FOR 3GS SHOULD NOW WORK!*

4.1/4.0.2/3.2.2

1. Download Limera1n:
limera1n
Mirror (Thank you to Ty And AJ For this link):
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

2. Connect one of the devices above to your computer.

3. Close iTunes, if it keeps popping up thats okay, OPEN Limera1n.exe (what you downloaded)

4. Click "Make it ra1n" in Limera1n WHILE YOUR DEVICE IS CONNECTED!

5. Limera1n will ask you to put your device in DFU mode, don't worry, its easy, Hold your Home + Power Button (circle and top button on your device), once Limera1n tells you to let go of the power button, DO IT, but keep holding the home (circle) button.

6. Your Device should do a few things, then you should have an icon on your homescreen called "Limera1n", Get on Wifi, and open it.

7. Inside the Limera1n app, you shold see a "Cydia" option, tap it, then tap the option in the top right corner, this should install Cydia, YOUR DONE!

IF YOU DONT SEE CYDIA AFTER INSTALLING IT IN THE Limera1n APP ON YOUR DEVICE, TURN YOUR DEVICE ON AND OFF!

I am gonna continue to wait a little bit longer, just to make sure.

so................is there no more greenpois0n? thats what youre making it seem like in the video.

1) Under the steps on jb wif limera1n step6: we must have a working wifi?

2) JB with Limera1n will allow me to access all the folders of my iphone? And customize it as i wish? Etc add ringtones, themes

i thinking about jailbreaking my iphone 4 for the first time i got insurance on it so the warranty doesnt mean anything.

just need to know is it worth jailbreaking with this jailbreak??

and what pros and cons are there to jailbreaking plz???

Hi All,

Just to confirm - Limera1n works perfectly & Cydia works perfectly - have just JailBroken, installed AppSync and sync'd my favorite apps.. without any problem what-so-ever.

One question though - as LogoMe was not developed past iOS3 and Sn0wBreeze doesn't work with iOS 4.1 (yet anyway) does anyone know a way of changing the boot-logo?

And a huge thanks to iPhone Forum for the unrelenting help and advice ;0)

Cheer's!

Installed beta 1 last night. Do I need to do a restore in iTunes first to wipe it and then install beta 4? Or can I just load beta 4 over beta 1? Thanks

1) Under the steps on jb wif limera1n step6: we must have a working wifi?

2) JB with Limera1n will allow me to access all the folders of my iphone? And customize it as i wish? Etc add ringtones, themes

yes its jailbreak of course it will, just add the openssh app from cydia and you will be good to go

Well, I said F it and tried Limera1n. So far so Good, All seems to have gone exactly as the video said it would. Which is awesome.

Any word yet about possible bugs with the ra1n?
I would have preferred pois0n but looks as if that wont happen for a while. So has any one experienced problems of any kind on limera1n?

I have my jailbreak on 4.0.1 and wondering if I can write over that or do I need to restore and then do this jailbreak?

Any word yet about possible bugs with the ra1n?
I would have preferred pois0n but looks as if that wont happen for a while. So has any one experienced problems of any kind on limera1n?

Nope. I have just jailbroken my iPhone for the first time and installed couple of useful apps like MxTube (to download youtube videos) which are otherwise not available.

Go for it!