IOS 10 Beta 3,4,5 Messaging

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by Terryrvaughn, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Terryrvaughn

Terryrvaughn New Member

Since Public Beta 3 new features Balloons, Confetti, Slam Message, etc does not work.

2. J. A.

J. A. Super Moderator Staff Member

Try turning iMessage off and on again in Settings - Messages.

If that doesn't help, force start your iPhone: press and hold Home and Power button at the same time, until you see the Apple logo. As soon as it appears, let go of both buttons. Your device will power up on it's own.

Also try resetting your network settings (Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings). You'll have to set them up again afterwards.

If you have an iTunes backup from the time before iOS 10, restore from that backup, and try upgrading to the Public Beta version again.

If that doesn't solve your problem, send feedback to Apple, let them know about your problem, so they can work at it.

3. Terryrvaughn

Terryrvaughn New Member

I tried all except restoring from iTunes since I do not have a computer only iPhone 6 and iPad Air. I already reported this to Apple. Still not working. Thanks.

Added: Just got a message from Apple. They said to try turning off Reduce Motion. This solved the problem.

UOTE="J. A., post: 394619, member: 116108"]Try turning iMessage off and on again in Settings - Messages.

If that doesn't help, force start your iPhone: press and hold Home and Power button at the same time, until you see the Apple logo. As soon as it appears, let go of both buttons. Your device will power up on it's own.

Also try resetting your network settings (Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings). You'll have to set them up again afterwards.

If you have an iTunes backup from the time before iOS 10, restore from that backup, and try upgrading to the Public Beta version again.

If that doesn't solve your problem, send feedback to Apple, let them know about your problem, so they can work at it.[/QUOTE]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  4. J. A.

Too bad.

I hope Apple will find a solution for your problem.

5. Davidm

Davidm Member

I'm using beta 10.0.1 and have same problem. Works on iPad but not iPhone 6s

6. J. A.

Try turning off Reduce Motion.

• Like Like x 1