What's new

iOS 10 Beta updates

I was under the impression you cant use your own hotspot for the same device. The iphone I want to update is my only device to make the hotspot
You're right about that. You're going to have to find a WiFi source to do the updates. Does your local library have available WiFi?

This didn't happen on my iPhone and iPad. The profile was still there after updating, on both devices.
Then it is time for a bit of research. The only other thing I can think of that I did "out of the norm", was hooking up both iPads to the iMac for full backups. Usually I let it back up over WiFi. Wonder if a direct connect to iTunes drops profiles...

Then it is time for a bit of research. The only other thing I can think of that I did "out of the norm", was hooking up both iPads to the iMac for full backups. Usually I let it back up over WiFi. Wonder if a direct connect to iTunes drops profiles...
It doesn't. I had to connect my iPhone to iTunes on my MacBook because it didn't update to Public Beta 3. The profile was still there afterwards, and my iPhone started updating.