What's new

Apple Seeds iOS 10.1 Beta To Public Beta Testers

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
iOS-10-Messages-teaser-001.jpg
One of the main reasons to purchase an iPhone 7 Plus over the smaller iPhone 7 is the enhanced camera capabilities. The iPhone 7 Plus has a second telephoto lens, which allows mobile photographers to get a better view at object far away.

Unfortunately, a feature that Apple boasted at its event, didn't make it into the first iteration of iOS 10. Instead, our favorite fruit company packed the iPhone 7 Plus' Portrait mode feature into iOS 10.1, currently in beta. On Wednesday, Apple seeded the latest beta of iOS 10.1 to public beta testers.

iOS 10.1 includes Portrait mode on the iPhone 7 Plus, which works pretty well...until it doesn't. Users have reported that the phone is unable to manage the bokeh effect in some situations. I've personally tested out the feature and have yet to find a problem with it, but I have also just updated my 7 Plus recently.

The new beta firmware also includes a new option within the Settings app that allows users to turn on Reduce Motion without disabling animations in Messages.

No word on when a public release of iOS 10.1 will be available, however the firmware seems pretty stable so far. Public Beta Testers can download the latest beta via Over-The-Air update in the Settings app.