What's new

Apple Seeds iOS 10.1 Beta 5 To Developers

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
portrait-bokeh-7-plus.jpg
On Wednesday, Apple seeded iOS 10.1 beta 5, exclusively to developers. The latest beta firmware likely addresses the cellular connectivity bug on iPhone, found earlier this week.

iOS 10.1 includes Portrait mode on the iPhone 7 Plus, which works pretty well...until it doesn't. Users have reported that the phone is unable to manage the bokeh effect in some situations. Having personally tested the feature, I have yet to have a problem with it.

The new beta firmware also includes a new option within the Settings app that allows users to turn on Reduce Motion without disabling animations in Messages.

Other than that, on the outside iOS 10.1 contains the same ingredients as previous betas. We expect this to be more of an internal update for various bug fixes and improvements users have reported and requested.

I have been experiencing freezing of Call screen & contact screen in random manner. I was too glad today morning to see new update but equally disappointed freezing still sustains. hope, it would be addressed in next release.