What's new

infamous recovery loop! :(

smooth65

Reaction score
Hi. Last night I restored 5.1.1 on my iphone with a 5.1.1 custom firmware with blobs stitched. My iphone 4 already had 5.1.1 jailbreak installed. I simply wanted to do a fresh restore to rid of excess junk. I restored via redsnow and it stated that the restore completed successfully Once the restore completed, I was thrown into the depressing recovery loop. I have tried everything known to me to exit this. Redsnow will not work because it asks for dfu mode and im stuck in recovery. Tiny umbrella will not work. Any other options besides 6.0.1 update? Thanks

No it will not turn off. I have tried and tried

I have the same problem on my iphone 4 5.1.1 when i tried to downgrade. I can't go out of Recovery Loop to continue my process (jailbreak). Any idea ?
Thanks

How do I enter DFU mode if device is in recovery loop?

follow that guide. it will get you back into dfu mode and be able to restore again. you must follow the guide EXACTLY, when it talks about holding for an extra second. i tried restoring a week ago, got an error, got stuck in recovery loop, tinyumbrella couldnt get me out of it, found that guide, got me into dfu mode, was able to try restore again, and it worked. i would also redownload the ipsw. took me an hour to find this guide and get it working again. your welcome ;)