What's new

iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1 stuck on start up loop after installing app from Cydia!!! HELP!!!!

Nycto

Reaction score
So I downloaded and tried to restore my apps with AptBackup....total mistake. I am now stuck on the start up loop and no matter what I do I can't get it to work. I have tried putting it in recovery mode and restoring it via iTunes (I get errors 11, 21, or 2005.) I have also tried putting it in DFU mode and getting out of the loop via redsnow and tiny umbrella (redsnow get through all the way to the boot up and then said error at the end when it was looking for my firmware, it said; tiny umbrella just goes white forever and I just exit it and it goes right back to the loop.

HELP ME!!!! lol :)

Only thing you can do is restore and rejailbreak. You should never restore your Cydia installations from one major release to another(ie 4.x to 5.x) because the filesystem structure changes between major releases. However, if you get Cydia all set up on 5.0.1 and then 5.1 comes out, you can go ahead and use xBackup or AptBackup once 5.1 is jailbroken since the filesystem structure is unlikely to change much, if at all.

how should i go about restoring? nothing is working for me...any ideas? and yeah i def know for next time...

how should i go about restoring? nothing is working for me...any ideas? and yeah i def know for next time...

Have you try "Just Reboot" in Redsnow? You can reset it by pressing the power and home button for 10 seconds. Good Luck!

yeah i tried that too, but i figured it out... i went into pwnd dfu and manually restored the firmware on itunes...worked like a charm...now all i have to do is rejailbreak and get everything like it was again...minus apt backup lmao