What's new

HELP!!! phone will not restore after cydia app install

jbanderson

Reaction score
ok i just bought a used 3gs on 4.3.4 and jailbroke with redsnow, then had white cydia Icon so I had to reinstall cydia, everything was working fine, I installed my3G from cydia and on the reboot after installing my3g it never came back on. I have tried EVERYTHING that i have found on youtube and google to fix this thing and nothing works.
It will go into DFU mode but it will not restore it just gives Error 3194 error 2005 and i think error 1006?
I have spent 3 full days downloading so many things i dont even remember what I have done to try and fix this thing.

Is there ANYWAY to tottaly start from scratch with the phone? Like completly erase everything and just start over? it wont do anything but sit there with the apple logo on the screen till the battery goes dead.

THANKS!

I have tried that method. On 2 computers it popped up a different error of 2005 then when I try to fix error 2005 1006 will pop up. I must have completely destroyed this phone. I thought it was on 4.2.1 like my other iPhone so I first tried to jailbreak it with green poison witch obviously didn't work. I wonder if that would make a difference?

I deleted iTunes completely off my computer and reinstalled it. Still does the same thing.

Done. Same results although my friends computer tried to restore the phone in about 1 min were my desktop is taking about 25 min

I have tried dfu mode and restore mode. And I have tried restoring with the 4.3.4 software with shift plus restore. And I have tried just hitting restore

I don't know what I did. But it is working now!!!! I got it on iOS 5.0.1 so let's see what happens now since I can jailbreak with green poison