What's new

Cant restore a already Jailbroken Iphone 3Gs...

syaoran7li

Reaction score
Hey Everyone....

A friend of mine have a iPhone 3gs running on iOS 6.0.1 and i jailbroke it for him using Redsnow tethered jailbreak... and now when i try to open cydia it opens and then closes... and then i heard abt evasion jailbreak so i thought of trying it.. so i just tried to restore it using the iPhone2,1_6.0_10A403_Restore ipsw file.. using itunes and it shows many kind of errors like 3194, and when i fixed 3194 using tinyumbrella andother error 1600 and then when i fixed it error 2005.. it kept on coming so i thought of jailbreaking it again using redsnow and then downloading the evasion package from cydia to make it unthethered.. but now when i try to jailbreak it comes to first stage something then show exploit failed error...

Now i dont know wat to do.. hope u guys can help me...

Iphone 3Gs
Version: 6.0.1(10A523)
Modem Firmware: 05.13.04

Thanks..^_^

You don't need to rejailbreak it. You have to tether boot the device first if it ever reboots or shuts off. You'll need the iOS 6.0 IPSW for the iPhone 3GS to do so. If you're using RedSn0w, select the iOS 6.0 IPSW, then select Just Boot under the Extra section of RedSn0w.

Once you've booted tethered to your device, search for Evasi0n, and there should be a package called evasi0n untether 6.0-6.1.2 or something along the lines. Install it, and you're good to go with an untethered 3GS

Well thanks for the reply...

I tried wat u asked... and it went past the DFU and started something and then it showed Exploit failed...

what to do?

Thanks ^_^

If it says Exploit Failed, then your device is not in DFU mode.

well i followed the steps exactly.. and when i reopen redsnow it shows tat it is in DFU mode...

and it didnt show the exploit failed as soon as i hit just boot.. it showed me when the first stage thing comes... it suddenly stops and shows tat error...

Hey Everyone....

A friend of mine have a iPhone 3gs running on iOS 6.0.1 and i jailbroke it for him using Redsnow tethered jailbreak... and now when i try to open cydia it opens and then closes... and then i heard abt evasion jailbreak so i thought of trying it.. so i just tried to restore it using the iPhone2,1_6.0_10A403_Restore ipsw file.. using itunes and it shows many kind of errors like 3194, and when i fixed 3194 using tinyumbrella andother error 1600 and then when i fixed it error 2005.. it kept on coming so i thought of jailbreaking it again using redsnow and then downloading the evasion package from cydia to make it unthethered.. but now when i try to jailbreak it comes to first stage something then show exploit failed error...

Now i dont know wat to do.. hope u guys can help me...

Iphone 3Gs
Version: 6.0.1(10A523)
Modem Firmware: 05.13.04

Thanks..^_^

To start off:

Because of what you have done so far you will have to restore your phone to get to an operational jailbreak.

You cannot just plug it into iTunes and shift+restore to any iPSW.

You *must* create an iPSW file that has SHSH blobs stitched with it. Forget about Tiny Umbrella(it's great for saving blobs and checking whether or not you have them, but for restoring, custom iPSWs are far superior then using TU). Use iFaith or Sn0wbreeze to create a signed iPSW with your blobs. I recommend Sn0wbreeze. But download both anyway. They'll come in handy.

You must also make sure you have iTunes 10.7 and NOT iTunes 11.0+. It will not work with the latest iTunes. If you have iTunes 11.0+ you will have to downgrade to 10.7. YouTube it.

As with any custom iPSW restore you will have to enter PWNED DFU mode with iREB. iREB is located within iFaith, Sn0wbreeze, and redsn0w. Use whatever you used to build an iPSW with.

After you have successfully entered PWNED DFU mode, just shift restore to the custom iPSW and your good to go. Just wait for the restore to finish. I recommended the use of Sn0wbreeze because it takes a step out by jailbreaking your device *during* the restore, so once the phone is done restoring in iTunes, your set to go with Cydia and all.

You must have 6.0, 6.0.1. 6.0.2 SHSH blobs. 6.1.3 will work but is tethered (unless you have old bootrom 3GS...use Sn0wbreeze to tell you if you don't know). Whatever SHSH blobs you use you must download the respective iPSW file, i.e.: 6.0.2 SHSH requires 6.0.2 iPSW file.

Good luck with that.

Last edited:
To start off:

Because of what you have done so far you will have to restore your phone to get to an operational jailbreak.

You *must* create an iPSW file that has SHSH blobs stitched with it. Forget about Tiny Umbrella(it's great for saving blobs and checking whether or not you have them, but for restoring, custom iPSWs are far superior then using TU). Use iFaith or Sn0wbreeze to create a signed iPSW with your blobs. I recommend Sn0wbreeze. But download both anyway. They'll come in handy.

You must also make sure you have iTunes 10.7 and NOT iTunes 11.0+. It will not work with the latest iTunes. If you have iTunes 11.0+ you will have to downgrade to 10.7. YouTube it.

As with any custom iPSW restore you will have to enter PWNED DFU mode with iREB. iREB is located with iFaith, Sn0wbreeze, and iFaith. Use whatever you used to build an iPSW with.

After you have successfully entered PWNED DFU mode, just shift restore to the custom iPSW and your good to go. Just wait for the restore to finish. I recommended the use of Sn0wbreeze because it takes a step out by jailbreaking your device *during* the restore, so once the phone is done restoring in iTunes, your set to go with Cydia and all.

You must have 6.0, 6.0.1. 6.0.2 SHSH blobs. 6.1.3 will work but is tethered (unless you have old bootrom 3GS...use Sn0wbreeze to tell you if you don't know). Whatever SHSH blobs you use you must downed the respective iPSW file, i.e.: 6.0.2 SHSH requires 6.0.2 iPSW file.

Good luck with that.

11.0.5 works just fine with custom IPSWs. 11.1 (introduction of full iOS 7 support/recognition) has an issue with custom IPSWs.

well i followed the steps exactly.. and when i reopen redsnow it shows tat it is in DFU mode...

and it didnt show the exploit failed as soon as i hit just boot.. it showed me when the first stage thing comes... it suddenly stops and shows tat error...

Then you have a driver issue. Uninstall your USB driver and reboot your computer and retry.

Last edited:
To start off:

As with any custom iPSW restore you will have to enter PWNED DFU mode with iREB. iREB is located within iFaith, Sn0wbreeze, and redsn0w. Use whatever you used to build an iPSW with.

You must have 6.0, 6.0.1. 6.0.2 SHSH blobs. 6.1.3 will work but is tethered (unless you have old bootrom 3GS...use Sn0wbreeze to tell you if you don't know). Whatever SHSH blobs you use you must download the respective iPSW file, i.e.: 6.0.2 SHSH requires 6.0.2 iPSW file.

Good luck with that.

Followed ur steps.. and created a ipsw using this iPhone2,1_6.0.1_10A523_Restore... or should i use this iPhone2,1_6.0_10A403_Restore....

and then it automatically took me pwnedDFU state or something...

and when i tried to shift restore it showed 3194 error...

Actually i didnt downgrade itunes cuz willerz2 said its fine... my current version is 11.0.4

Followed ur steps.. and created a ipsw using this iPhone2,1_6.0.1_10A523_Restore... or should i use this iPhone2,1_6.0_10A403_Restore....

and then it automatically took me pwnedDFU state or something...

and when i tried to shift restore it showed 3194 error...

Actually i didnt downgrade itunes cuz willerz2 said its fine... my current version is 11.0.4

That iPSW file will not work. Makes sure everything matches. That means the build too.

You cannot use a 10A523 build if your phone is not currently on that build. Settings>General> About. Use the iPSW with the exact same build.

You absolutely must downgrade iTunes to 10.7. It wi not work with any iTunes version 11.0 or newer.

That iPSW file will not work. Makes sure everything matches. That means the build too.

You cannot use a 10A523 build if your phone is not currently on that build. Settings>General> About. Use the iPSW with the exact same build.

You absolutely must downgrade iTunes to 10.7. It wi not work with any iTunes version 11.0 or newer.

well my build is 10A523.... well i used tat ipsw only...

goin to try downgrading itunes..

how abt itunes 10.4? can i use tat... cuz i have it already.. so no need to download.

Edit:
well never mind im downloading 10.7 now.. ^_^

Last edited:
i tired in 10.7 and still i get 3194 error when using shift restore...

Remove the host.umbrella file in the directory of your host file. Flush your DNS, and retry

Well somehow i managed to restore it using ifaith...

first used ifaith to extract ans save the shsh blobs and then used it to create a signed ipsw file and then tried shift restore and it worked... but now the phone says sim not supported... and i tried evasion and it said i need to activate my iphone first before jailbreak.....

so i tried using the iPhone2,1_6.0_10A403_Restore in redsnow and jailbreak by unticking install cydia but it comes as exploit failed....
then tried by ticking cydia and install ipad baseband.. and jailbreak.. took some loading and then again it came exploit failed....

what should i do... tried in another laptop too same problem.. wat to do?

Thanks.. ^_^

Does not matter what version of iTunes it is as Lomb as its not iTunes 11.0+. *any* version below that will work.