What's new

Apple Recovery Loop, but why?

MikeCorruption

Reaction score
Hey guys, this has been bugging me for hours now and i still cannot work out why.

Yesterday i was using my iPhone (running iOS 5.0.1) and it was working fine, i decided to listen to some songs using the "Grooveshark" app, all of a sudden the phone decided to go all Black screen on me and appear to switch itself off, the battery at the time was well over 80% so clearly not that, so i turned it back on and it was stuck in the Apple Logo Recovery Loop, i know this as i left the phone for a good hour and it was stuck on that screen, i connected it to the PC and iTunes recognised the phone as turned on and i could see all the relative options such as Apps, Info etc etc, i was able to sort my phone out in the end by simply restoring the phone to iOS 5.1.1.

But my question is Why Did This Recovery Loop Occur? anyone else had this happen to them?

The basic history of my phone if it helps is as followed; Yes it was Jailbroken, the Grooveshark app had caused my phone to freeze before and i had to perform a hard reset to get the phone working again, my phone was stuck in safe mode a week ago as i had uninstalled Spire, i solved this by reinstalling Spire.

The tweaks i had installed were:
AllMail
TimeStamp
iBlacklist
AdBlocker
FolderEnhancer
CyDelete
Spire

Again my phone is now working because i had restored it but just for curiosity reasons id like to have a round about idea of why the recovery loop occured, from the experience id assume the Grooveshark app caused it?

Thanks in advance