What's new

I'm an idiot. Jailbreak attempt with gsm firmware. Oops.

carmelkevlar32

Reaction score
I used the pwnage tool with the latest firmware. I did everything right but when it got to the recovery step it said I had the wrong firmware. Then I woke up and realised the verizon firmware was probably completely different than the att firmware (which it is). What do I do now? I'm downloading verizon's 4.2.8 right now... will I be able to recover in Itunes with this or is there more I need to do? Thanks so much...

Google jailbreak 4.2.8. And look for snow breeze. It should walk u through it step by step. U will have to download ISPW 4.2.8 and load it into snowbreeze and it will make a file with Cydia jailbreak app on it the open iTunes and hold shift key and click restore and the rest does it by itself. YouTube is also great tool. Even for finding great tweaks and Cydia apps.

I downloaded the most recent verizon firmware and itunes automatically used my back up. If I do jailbreak, will it still use the old back up to auto activate and sync everything?

Green poison just crashed in the middle and scared the jesus out of me.

Did u get it working? I'm not sure what could of went wrong but if ur getting a error or something let me know I'll try to help

greenpois0n does not work for 4.2.8 afaik...

you would use sn0wbreeze or pwnage tool for the verizon iphone

Cain01 said:
Google jailbreak 4.2.8. And look for snow breeze. It should walk u through it step by step. U will have to download ISPW 4.2.8 and load it into snowbreeze and it will make a file with Cydia jailbreak app on it the open iTunes and hold shift key and click restore and the rest does it by itself. YouTube is also great tool. Even for finding great tweaks and Cydia apps.

Did u read this? I just told u how to jailbreak ur Verizon phone.

Cain01 said:

Did u read this? I just told u how to jailbreak ur Verizon phone.

Thank you for your help... my issue was actually getting the cdma firmware on after I'd gotten the gsm firmware on and confused the hell out of my phone. I did figure it out and I'm going to reattempt to jailbreak it tonight.