What's new

Error 2001 when attempting to restore.

Phresh

Reaction score
Beer spilled on my phone. Phone was messed up for awhile. I put it in rice and it boots up into recovery mode. I go to recover it and it gives me the Error 2001 at "Verifying update with Apple" and so I can't get past that stage.

The iPhone 3GS is jailbroken via Pwnage with 4.3.3 firmware. I'm using a 2010 MB Pro 13" running 10.6.8 if that makes any difference. Also, my sleep/wake button is broken so it'd be very difficult if not impossible to utilize that button when attempting to fix.

I realize that due to liquid damage I could just be SOL, but there must be something (if not a couple of things) I can at least try at this point to salvage my phone.

Help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Thanks, I've seen a multitude of solutions for that error, but not one yet specific to my situation.

Is there a way to do that without using the sleep/wake button? As I stated, the button is completely broken off and was only about 1% responsive before that. I could open up the phone and mess with it if that'll help it function properly if need be. This phone is almost 3 years old now.

Phresh said:
Is there a way to do that without using the sleep/wake button? As I stated, the button is completely broken off and was only about 1% responsive before that. I could open up the phone and mess with it if that'll help it function properly if need be. This phone is almost 3 years old now.

1.) First download the required archive Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/93fx93
2.) Extract the archive to the root of your hard drive, should be C:/DFU/

3.) Connect your iPhone and ignore iTunes

4.) Goto Start - run

5.) Next type in “c:/dfu/dfu iBSS.m68ap.RELEASE.dfu”

6.) Wait for iPhone to show a “white” screen.So you are in DFU mode...

Yes, latest of everything. I always thought that the error that USB hub fixed was having an older OS update on your Mac. But I'll get one from the store today anyways to see if it works.

see, i have the exact same problem. I got irevive which says it solves water damaged iphones. i opened it up and cleaned all the corrosion. Itunes sees a iphone in recovery mode but does not have the capability of restoring it. someone help me please. it gave error 2001