What's new

iFile crashing

tiffaro0

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I recently purchased iFile 1.6.1-3 for my iphone and installed it. But everytime I open the app, it opens for a second and then just closes like I pressed the home button. I have version 4.3.3 for my iphone. Does anyone know how to get iFile to start working?

This is my issue as well. I am running iOS 5.0, jailbreaking accomplished with RedSn0w, and just purchased iFile 1.6.1-1 from Cydia today. I uninstalled, re-installed, hard reset my phone, etc. The app opens for a second or two and then crashes. I also downloaded SBSettings but can't figure out how to open the app in Safe mode. Any help is appreciated.

Mine does the same thing. IOS 5.0.1, iFile 1.6.1-3

I have the same issue with IPAD 2 with ios 4.3.3 jailbreked.
I reported the problem to the author. No answer yet.

Please report this issue to the author (you have to go in Cydia totheinstalled apps, select iFile and email to the author button)

I hope this issue will be addressed soon if lots of emails will be received by the author.

Regards,
Adrian

Alright guys, after fiddling around, I figured out that iFile opens without any internet service (3G and Wifi). And I also realized this must be a registry problem. Everytime I try to register with iFile, it closes. But with your internet turned off, your iFile should work too... you just won't be able to search anything.

Good info, I just read by turning airplane mode on it works fine. It pops up a registration error but the app works.

I just received a reply from the author.
The issue was fixed. After I re-installed iFile, it worked fine.

You could give a try and re-install it!

Thanks for the update! I will give it a reinstall and see if it works.

Jmills87 said:
iFile works fine right out of the box on 5.0.1, no need for a fix. Just download it from the official repo and it will work.

There was plenty of people who had it crash several times right out of the box including myself. I stumbled upon a fix and shared with those who were having the same issue. Not everyone had it happen to them.