What's new

iFile Permanent Fix For IOS Untethered 5.0.1

DarkXShadowX21

Reaction score
$95dc9975.jpg
There has been a very big issue with the newest untethered jailbreak on IOS 5.0.1 and the issue I am referring to is the iFile crash on startup. iFile as we know is a very commonly used app we use for editing, swapping, organizing, etc...

Not being able to use iFile is a huge let down for many of us. Without iFile we can't do much of our work that we enjoy on the go or just lounging around. Well this afternoon I came across a permanent fix. No need to wait for another update with a new redsn0w from pod2g. No need to use MyFile as other people have recommended as a temporary fix. I have successfully got iFile running with no more crash and this is how I stumbled upon it accidentally.

Before I get into this, I have a Dropbox account. Click Dropbox if you don't already have one. I bring up Dropbox because it is how I was able to get my iFile working correctly.

When one typically downloads a file from safari you have have 2 options if you have Dropbox and iFile. The 2 options are, open in...which can be Dropbox or open in iFile. I chose to open up a Dropbox shared file of my own in iFile. As soon as I did this, iFile opened up, loaded the .zip and registered the way it was intended to do so. I was pretty shocked to actually see this. I checked to see if anyone else was having this issue and surprisingly I was not the only victim of the iFile crash. I closed out iFile and opened it up from springboard and it opened up perfectly. I respringed and rebooted and there are no more issues with iFile. iFile now works the way it is suppose to! I hope this fix works for anyone who seems to be having the same issue! Good luck and be sure to leave feedback if this fix works for you or not! Thanks and take care!

Last edited: