What's new

About the usage of ifile for copying any file of backups

grimfandango83

Reaction score
i ve recently changed my iphone 4 device with a new one because it broke down..I ve used it for a while and installed some apps on it.

And now i wanna install some of my previously backed up files of the older device to the new one(not want to install the whole backup cause as i've mentioned i dont want to lose my recently installed apps which ones doesnt exist in the backup)

Im using win7 and you know the backup files seem like e.g. "6d45e418c8954b02aa8f3bc6f366fe21036028b9".. Ive tried to copy this 2MB of file(i've presumed it as an app file because of its size) to the device through "ifunbox" on the "general storage" menu(i couldnt copy it directly to the User Applications" menu)..But when i run "ifile" on the device, i just couldnt the file on the ifile cos there are lots of folders and subfolders and no one's named like "general storage"..

So could i copy files to the device like these and find them easily on it? or any suggestion of alterbative ways

Thanks for your help

i ve recently changed my iphone 4 device with a new one because it broke down..I ve used it for a while and installed some apps on it.

And now i wanna install some of my previously backed up files of the older device to the new one(not want to install the whole backup cause as i've mentioned i dont want to lose my recently installed apps which ones doesnt exist in the backup)

Im using win7 and you know the backup files seem like e.g. "6d45e418c8954b02aa8f3bc6f366fe21036028b9".. Ive tried to copy this 2MB of file(i've presumed it as an app file because of its size) to the device through "ifunbox" on the "general storage" menu(i couldnt copy it directly to the User Applications" menu)..But when i run "ifile" on the device, i just couldnt the file on the ifile cos there are lots of folders and subfolders and no one's named like "general storage"..

So could i copy files to the device like these and find them easily on it? or any suggestion of alterbative ways

Thanks for your help

Here is the photo link:
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

The iTunes backup file must be on your computer in order to restore from it. Not your device.

yes, of course it's on my pc..Its in appdata/roaming/apple computer/mobile sync/backup.. Thats not my question..

Im just asking if i could install files from the backup to the device one by one (only the apps that i want to install from the backup)..If so, how could i..