What's new

I need helpppp

i_need_help

Reaction score
i have a iphone 3g it is jailbroken. when i bought it the person i bought it off said it would work i just have to unlock it and activate it in sam. it died last week and i forgot about it i found it in my room and connected it to my computer and itunes said that it found a iphone in recovery mode and i had to restore it for it to work but the person i bought it off said not to restore it i am stuck and have no clue what to do if you can help please do thanks in advance

it sounds to me like you bought it locked to a network and you now upgraded and lost the unlock. can you explain what you see on the iphone and what itunes is saying now?

it has the connect to itunes thing. but when i do plug it into itunes it says that its in recovery mode

i tried to use tiny umbrella and exit recovery, it looks like it tries to reboot (twice) but just goes right back into recovery mode

This is the best and unique site that one can be able to get any kind of information about the problems regarding the i-phone. This is an excellent website to be eaisly way out the solution of the problems.

i tried to use tiny umbrella and exit recovery, it looks like it tries to reboot (twice) but just goes right back into recovery mode

If tinyUmbrella couldn't help, then a Hard restore is invoke here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you can find out/remember which firmware and/or baseband version your phone was on then you would be able to restore to that same version. Once the restore is done it would be a simple case of jailbreaking and installing ultrasnow...

Connect your phone to your computer, open iTunes, choose your phone from the menu on the left and press restore...

i know the firm ware is 4.2.1 and i have no clue what the baseband is how do i find that out?

it doesent work i tried many times. i even tried to enter it into pwnd dfu mode and restore to a custom firmware but it doesent work

Sounds like you may of had the iPad baseband. You will need to create a custom ipsw with the iPad baseband on it for it to work...

it doesent work i tried many times. i even tried to enter it into pwnd dfu mode and restore to a custom firmware but it doesent work

What happened when you saying that it doesn't work? Itunes throwing out an error code? Restoration start but screen doesn't come on? What?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk