What's new

can i bypass activation

kaitlin4599

Reaction score
hello bought a used IPHONE 3G 16 gig model it works fine only problem is its stuck on the activation screen and i have no AT&T simcard to bypass the activation screen is there another way to bypass this screen with out jail breaking the phone? i dont plan on using this as a phone just as an ipod for music and apps

Have you asked AT&T if they'll sell you a SIM card? It doesn't have to have an active cell phone plan connected with it.

i think my moms phone uses the same simcard saize as the 3g so ill wait till i see her tomorrow

You can use any SIM that fits the phone to get through the activation. This will not harm or change the SIM. Just borrow one to complete the process and return the SIM.

i think my moms phone uses the same simcard saize as the 3g so ill wait till i see her tomorrow

You can use any SIM that fits the phone to get through the activation. This will not harm or change the SIM. Just borrow one to complete the process and return the SIM.
Since a SIM card is necessary every time you have to restore the iPhone, it's always better if you can get a SIM card of your own that can be kept on hand for when it's needed.

I agree,, having your own SIM is the correct thing to do. I assumed it wasn't your intention to use the phone as a phone and simply wanted to get to the point where you can use it as an iPod or on wifi..

the only sim card i have is for tmobile sadly this is an att ophone

According to the OP's post, using it as an iPod on WiFi is exactly what he plans to do. All he needs in this case is an inactivated SIM card to use only for restoring the phone.

the only sim card i have is a tmobile and it doesnt allow me to activate the iphone