What's new

How can I either activate or bypass activation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tikloc

Reaction score
Hey,

Like an idiot, I let my little cousin on my laptop and he's updated my 3GS to iOS 6. I had to use ultrasn0w because I got the phone second hand and I'm having major issues trying to activate and bypass the activation screen. I have no idea what the phone is locked to, and I've been searching for hours trying to find a fix!

Your cousin just... How do I put this? Lost your unlock for you.. There is no way to downgrade baseband or unlock/hacktivate so you're out of luck, for now at least and you just have to wait for the devs to come up with something or find another way to unlock maybe officially through your carrier if that's an option

Unleashed... depending on the manufacture date... couldn't the OP still use the iPad BB and subsequently downgrade to 5.13.04 w/ redsn0w? I'm not really sure how this is all gonna work w/ iOS 6 now... guess time will tell.

Unleashed... depending on the manufacture date... couldn't the OP still use the iPad BB and subsequently downgrade to 5.13.04 w/ redsn0w? I'm not really sure how this is all gonna work w/ iOS 6 now... guess time will tell.

I really not know but I don't think so.. Well see

I thought that if you installed the iPad baseband, then downgrade to 5.13.04 you couldn't restore in iTunes at all because you get an error?
That's the reason why I haven't done it yet, I took one look at the risks and closed the page. I already checked if I can do it with my phone, and I can.

I thought that if you installed the iPad baseband, then downgrade to5.13.04 you couldn't restore in iTunes at all because you get an error?
That's the reason why I haven't done it yet, I took one look at the risks and closed the page. I already checked if I can do it with my phone, and I can.

Hey, I don't know if you have already fixed your iphone or not, but im having the same problem as well. And, i found a way to fix it.
All you do is downgrade your ios 6 to ios 5.1.1 using redsnow.

this link will tell you what to do, when i did it a week ago, the iphone bypassed the activation section. Then after that you just find a way to unlock your phone.

Downgrade iPhone 4 / 3GS from iOS 6 to iOS 5.1.1 | The iPhone FAQ

Hey, I don't know if you have already fixed your iphone or not, but im having the same problem as well. And, i found a way to fix it.
All you do is downgrade your ios 6 to ios 5.1.1 using redsnow.

this link will tell you what to do, when i did it a week ago, the iphone bypassed the activation section. Then after that you just find a way to unlock your phone.

Downgrade iPhone 4 / 3GS from iOS 6 to iOS 5.1.1 | The iPhone FAQ

Do it quickly before Apple quits signing the old ios 5.1.1. Once they quit signing it you would have had to have your SHSH blobs saved.
As of now they are still allowing a downgrade but that could change any day.

Do it quickly before Apple quits signing the old ios 5.1.1. Once they quit signing it you would have had to have your SHSH blobs saved. As of now they are still allowing a downgrade but that could change any day.
Not sure what universe you're refering to... but Apple stopped signing iOS 5.1.1 weeks ago.

I took My sons iphone 4 back from IOS 6 about a week or so ago. At that time they said they were no longer signing it but I tunes still allowed Me to do it.:confused:

I even told My son I didn't think it would work but I would try. I was pleasantly surprised when it did. Doesn't hurt to try. You would find out pretty quickly if it won't do it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.