What's new

HELP! Bricked 3G - broken power button

Elnico50

Reaction score
Hi

I just bought a 3G off of ebay and found that the power button didn't work. I figured I would try and fix it myself later........

Anyway, I tried to downgrade the iOS from 4.2 to 3.1.3 and received a message in itunes letting me know there had been an 'unknown error' (1015).

The iphone is now in what I think is recovery mode, but itunes or my computer will not recognize it when I plug it in, and the phone won't turn on at all.

Seeing the power button does not work, I cannot perform a hard reset.

Is there any hope, anything I can do, or do I have to take it to a repair center?

I'm hoping the seller I bought it from is decent enough to offer a refund but I'm not holding out high hopes for that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Try an app called tiny umbrella. İt can often kick a phone out of recovery mode.

the power button does not work, I cannot perform a hard reset.
Yes TinyUmbrella (Recovery Fix) can fix this type of issue.
But you Need to use the power button to first turn it off, then run the recovery, then turn on.

You Will need the power button fixed at the repair shop.
Anyway, even without issue, the power button should be working in case required (again) one day.

Let us know the result.

The Firmware Umbrella - TinyUmbrella

Tried TinyUmbrella, didn't work! I'm going to have to get the power button fixed......will post results again here

Its cheap to buy and fairly easy to change at home all you need is a suction cup and some tiny screwdrivers. Do it yourself save some cash