What's new

I hate my iphone because of this problem !!!

mhabeb

Reaction score
My Iphone is locked and it's version was 4.3.4
I downloaded a custom firmware 5.0 (Actived ) to not upgrade the baseband and restored it by itunes
when it finished the iphone restarted and there is a loading tube ( never load ) and apple logo above it !!
the iphone stop working !! and this screen doesn't disappear
when I try to enter DFU mode and restore it again with the same custom the itunes says ( Unknown error 2500 )

What should I do ???!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember, you must use pwned DFU mode for a custom firmware every time. That's why you are getting the 2500 I would think...

Give it another go. I'm assuming if you know it is a working firmware which is activated, then it should be OK.

If it's pre-jailbroken its a tethered jailbreak and you will have to boot tethered after restoring the firmware. Apple is no longer signing 5.0 though so you won't be able to restore this firmware anymore.

If it's pre-jailbroken its a tethered jailbreak and you will have to boot tethered after restoring the firmware. Apple is no longer signing 5.0 though so you won't be able to restore this firmware anymore.

My bad. Well spotted.

Remember, you must use pwned DFU mode for a custom firmware every time. That's why you are getting the 2500 I would think...

Give it another go. I'm assuming if you know it is a working firmware which is activated, then it should be OK.

thank u
so i have to use pwned dfu mode by redsn0w_win_0.9.9b6 (for example) and try restoring again
or there is a specefic dfu mode to the custom firmware ???

thank u
so i have to use pwned dfu mode by redsn0w_win_0.9.9b6 (for example) and try restoring again
or there is a specefic dfu mode to the custom firmware ???

Sorry, as I tried to say, I made a mistake based on the fact your firmware is for 5.0. You can NEVER re-install / restore that now because Apple closed the signing window for 5.0 this morning about 11:00 GMT.

But as jmills87 said, you likely need to tethered boot your device IF it was a pre-jailbroken custom firmware. So try that first.

If not, then you will now need to source a 5.0.1 custom firmware, since you need Apple to sign it to get it installed, even with pwned DFU mode.

Hope that clarifies!

Im sorry but the error is (( 2005 )) not 2500

Sorry, as I tried to say, I made a mistake based on the fact your firmware is for 5.0. You can NEVER re-install / restore that now because Apple closed the signing window for 5.0 this morning about 11:00 GMT.

But as jmills87 said, you likely need to tethered boot your device IF it was a pre-jailbroken custom firmware. So try that first.

If not, then you will now need to source a 5.0.1 custom firmware, since you need Apple to sign it to get it installed, even with pwned DFU mode.

Hope that clarifies!

thank u alot
i have no luck at all :(((
so i'll try to jailbreak it by ( redsn0w_win_0.9.9b6 ) first i wish it works
but can u give me a link to a custome firmware 5.0.1 or it is not realeased yet ? cuz i have windows not mac

thank u genius :)

mhabeb said:
thank u alot
i have no luck at all :(((
so i'll try to jailbreak it by ( redsn0w_win_0.9.9b6 ) first i wish it works
but can u give me a link to a custome firmware 5.0.1 or it is not realeased yet ? cuz i have windows not mac

thank u genius :)

No, sorry. No links :(
Listen to jmills87 though... ;)

Restoring a custom firmware always preserves your baseband. I think you can use Redsn0w 0.9.9b8 to make a custom firmware as well, but its Mac only.

aha ok :)
i'll try and update u
thank you aloooot <3

thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks aloooooooooooooooooooooot
I did it :)