What's new

I did a jailbreak in my unlocked iphone, did it locked?

vinigm

Reaction score
First of all, sorry I am posting this on the wrong topic or something like that, Its my first time in this forum.
Second, sorry if I write anything wrong, my english is not that good...

Here is the thing, Im brazilian and I bought an UNLOCKED iPhone here in NYC in the Apple Store in order to use in with my SIM card in Brazil. I did the jailbreak to download free apps but now I have a doubt about if it continues unlocked or it get locked... Will I be able to use my SIM card when I go back to Brazil???

Thanks!!

An Unlocked iPhone is one that is not tied to any specific wireless service provider. You can activate an unlocked device on any network. Jailbreaking your phone does not affect the fact that it is an unlocked device.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Another thing...

I got I can use my iPhone 4s with my SIM Card in Brazil even after the jailbreaking. But I have another doubt: I can update my iOS normally via iTunes? I know if I do that I will lose my JAILBREAK, but if I do the update, it will lock my iphone???

Jailbreaking does not affect the ability to activate the phone on any network. It should work just fine. But if you upgrade via itunes I believe that you will loose your jailbreak.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Another thing...

I got I can use my iPhone 4s with my SIM Card in Brazil even after the jailbreaking. But I have another doubt: I can update my iOS normally via iTunes? I know if I do that I will lose my JAILBREAK, but if I do the update, it will lock my iphone???

Your iPhone is unlocked for life, jailbreak it or not, update the iOS or not it will always be a factory unlocked.

Thank you very much guys. This stuff from apple`s world is all new to me.

You helped me a lot. Thx!