What's new

Any way to unlock my 4s locked with 3 network ?

bodduluru4

Reaction score
My sister gifted me an iphone 4s which is locked to the network 3 from UK!
I am from India and i wish to use it here on airtel network ! So, is there any way to unlock it .. If yes , how much it does it cost to get it factory unlocked !
And I'd also like to know if it is possible to unlock it by jailbreaking on our own for free ?

please help me !

Sorry for my bad english .

Is that the only possible way to unlock the phone?

Yep... we'll need to know what BB your 4S is on. Go to Settings>General>About... and let us know what's best to "Modem Firmware."

bodduluru4 said:
Modem firmware 1.0.14

version 5.0.1 (9A406)
Yes... the Gevey Ultra S from Applenberry.com that Jmills linked above is the only unlock method we recommend.

Ask your Sister to contact the 3 network to request the unlock code.

Actually I've contacted some people who unlock the phones in India !
They said that it costs around $130 to get the unlock code from 3 network and to make it a factory unlocked piece .
Is there really any chance of making the locked iphone to a factory unlocked one ?

Yes but if your going down the factory unlocked route get your sister to pass your imei to 3 to unlock not sure if they charge but it will be considerably less than you have been quoted

Those indians are steal from u if they say send us money with western union or something alike. It should be a free procedure to unlock via email