What's new

Can I use Apple-unlocked iPhone4S w/ 2 different SIM cards from 2 diff countries?

setnara2000

Reaction score
I live in Canada, but spend a few months every year in Brazil. Both countries work with GSM networks.

I want to buy an unlocked iPhone 4S from Apple here in Canada and use it here with a local carrier (no plans) and in Brazil, with a Brazilian carrier. This means a SIM card here and another one there.

The problem is that I read online about "country lock" but so vaguely I don't even know if it really exists. I called Apple and got the same vague answer that I "should not have any problems using my iPhone in Brazil". No matter how many times or how many different ways I asked, the answer was simply that I "should not experience any problems using my iPhone in Brazil". About country lock? I got no answer..

By the way, friends in Brazil told me that AT&T iPhones from a few years ago (when Apple didn't sell unlocked phones), that were jail broken, work fine in Brazil, but with no more updates or warranty. I don't want that.

So, does "country lock" exist? Would it be a problem? Should I have any other problems or concerns using the iPhone4S with 2 different SIM cards from 2 different countries?

there is no such thing as "country lock" if you buy the device unlocked from apple it will work worldwide with any GSM carrier