What's new

I cant get my iphone to restore! I am stuck ! Help quickly please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
xesvuli420 said:
ok please someone help!!! I just got my replacement, and its on 4.2.10!! I can't do an untethered jailbreak on that, and its new so I don't have the SHSH or whatever. I have like 5 days before I have to send the old one in... PLEASE someone help me out!!!

Thanks

You need the latest version of redsnow and the 4.2.10 ispw. For a tethered jb.

Sorry I wasnt clear... I Dont want a tethered jailbreak on the new phone, I want to fix my errors with my phone thats still on 4.2.8, so I can send back the 4.2.10.

Basically, I still am begging for someone to help me fix the 1013 error so I can restore my original phone, only thing is now I only have 3 days to do it before I have to send one of these phones back to verizon.

So please someone, HELP!?!?!

error 1013 while restoring/upgrading iOS via itune fix
1. Go to C drive and look for Windows folder, then System32 followed by drivers and then finally etc folder

C:\Windows\System32\drivers \etc

2. In the etc folder you can see hosts file.

3. Open the hosts file using notepad and remove the following lines that says Ags.apple.com

Reboot your computer and try restore/upgrade again.

Are you not reading any of my post? Re read and then see if you think you have a solution please.

Thanks

Are you not reading any of my post? Re read and then see if you think you have a solution please.

Thanks

Take deep breath and relax my friend, after all is your problem and people are here trying to help you.

Chill and relax, hopefully somebody will be able to help you fix YOUR problem.

I hope you can enjoy the forum.

iCranks answer was correct. You need to modify your hosts file and remove any lines that include "gs.apple.com" that is what causes the 1013 error.

iFrog said:
Take deep breath and relax my friend, after all is your problem and people are here trying to help you.

Chill and relax, hopefully somebody will be able to help you fix YOUR problem.

I hope you can enjoy the forum.

+1

Jmills87 said:
iCranks answer was correct. You need to modify your hosts file and remove any lines that include "gs.apple.com" that is what causes the 1013 error.

Exactly. This should fix your error messages.

xesvuli420 said:

Thanks

I'm not the one who needs help. We are here trying to help you and If you can't understand advice go get some one who can.

Jmills87 said:

+1....

What do you guys not understand about I've already tried that? Instead of being so condescending and just strait up rude, take a second and read and you'll see that solution is just not working in my situation!

I have done all that before I even came here. I tried everything I could try from google before I even posted so don't treat me like I'm a retard!

There are 0 lines in my host file period! No apple sites or anything else! Just look at the pic I attached earlier!

And if you still don't believe me, do a google search and you'll see I'm not the only one with this problem and a empty host file!

Any other ideas?

Nobody has been rude to you. You were rude to iCrank. He is one of our staff, and very well known for trying to help forum members. So is Jmills87. We all try to help those who are patient and are willing to be kind, courteous, and listen. If this doesn't happen, I'll be forced to close this thread.

darkstar2007 said:
Nobody has been rude to you. You were rude to iCrank. He is one of our staff, and very well known for trying to help forum members. So is Jmills87. We all try to help those who are patient and are willing to be kind, courteous, and listen. If this doesn't happen, I'll be forced to close this thread.

+1...

How am I being rude? I've said in previous post that I had already tried the host file fix, I even posted a screen shot of it, and people are still telling me to delete all lines that have apples website in them. Then when I try and get it across that I've already tried that people act like I'm the one confused, and incapable of understanding!

I know this is "MY" problem and no one is obligated to help me, but it does aggravate me that people are saying that this is the solution, when they haven't read my previous post about already trying this, or just choose to ignore it.

I'm sorry if I seemed rude, but give me the benefit of the doubt... I have tried this fix, and it DOES NOT WORK!!! (for me)

Now, what should I try next?

Status
Not open for further replies.