What's new

Aagh help please guys.

lazyeejay

Reaction score
Im on an iPhone 4S 6.0.1 with an Evasion JB and I wanted to update to IOS 7 but everything I try results in an error on ITunes. I've tried restoring to regular 6.0.1 using shift restore, Ive tried a straight forward upgrade using shift upgrade to IOS7, Ive tried editing the host files, downgrading ITunes to 11.05, DFU mode and even tried using SemiRecover but that throws an error too.
Im pretty much resigned that my iPhone is destined to stay on IOS6 as Ive spent days trying to resolve this but all I get is constantly the 3194 and 11 errors on ITunes. If anyone can possibly think of anything I haven't tried I'd be very grateful. Thanks in advance.

Sent from the future using Tapatalk via my iwatch.

Place the device into DFU mode and shift/command + click the Restore button, and point it to the iPhone4,1_7.0.4 IPSW which you can get here.

Last edited:
Place the device into DFU mode and shift/command + click the Restore button, and point it to the iPhone4,1_7.0.4 IPSW which you can get here.

Thanks bud, I'll give it a try but I don't hold out much hope lol:)

Would it be because Apple have stopped signing 7.0.3? I did have some SHSH blobs saved but cant remember for what version of IOS they were for for. I will download 7.0.4 and see how I get on. Thanks

7.0.3 signing stopped within 18 hours of after 7.0.4's release. Even with blobs, you cannot restore to 7.0.3. One because there's no refined method to stitch blobs to create a custom IPSW for iOS 7, and two, there's no way to install a custom IPSW on a 4S since there's no bootrom exploit, and there's no point in burning the iBoot exploit that was just found by iH8Sn0w for something as trivial as a downgrade. Once you're jailbroken on 7.0.4, the only utility you should use for data wiping is ILEX RAT, or, to use a Terminal Prompt on your computer such as PuTTy or CyberDuck to run Terminal commands onto your device to troubleshoot.

Awesome, thanks for the advice. I think my shsh blobs were for 6.1. Anyway will give it a bash later and see how I get on. Thanks again.