What's new

How to Jailbreak Your iPhone Using Absinthe 2.0.4 (Mac) [5.1.1]

Gregoris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Warning***: Before you continue make sure to do a backup of your device in iTunes as you may lose your Camera Roll during this process.

I am aware that the screen shots do show absinthe 2.0 but the latest version is 2.0.4 with support for the latest build of 5.1.1 and also the ipad 2,4 is now supported. The process to jailbreak is still the same!

Step One
Download the latest version of Absinthe from Absinthe 2.0 has arrived! | greenpois0n.com
(scroll to the bottom of the page for links to version 2.0.4 of absinthe)

Step Two
Double click to mount the downloaded dmg and drag the Absinthe application to your desktop.

81084-500.png

Double click to launch the Absinthe application from your desktop.

81086.png

Step Three
As prompted, connect your iPhone to the computer via USB. Make sure to remove any passcodes or VPN settings you've previously set.

81088-500.png

Step Four
Click the Jailbreak button to begin

81089-500.png

Step Five
The application will take you through several steps to jailbreak including: beginning jailbreak, sending initial jailbreak data, sending final jailbreak data, waiting for reboot, and waiting for process to complete.

81091-500.png

Step Six
You will be informed that the jailbreak is 'Done'.

81100-500.png

Step Seven
In a few moments you will notice Cydia appear on your Springboard!

81101-500.png

I am presently at the step "waiting for reboot". It's been close to 1/2 hr so far. Am I supposed to just wait and do nothing? Or do perform a reboot?

Ok what are you taking about ? Wait for reboot on your program or wait for reboot on the phone ?

The whole process only takes about 6-10 minutes. If it takes any longer than that it's not working and you will need to reboot the phone and start over again.

I have tried and retried so many times now I have lost count. Still no JB. If I try to force the reboot it ends with a different error. Says it can't connect to a downd device and aborts.

Well.....2.0.4 is no better. I get the exact same error state. It says don't unplug device. Waiting for a reboot. And there it sits. I have a ten pound hammer that will fix it.

Now it is easy to jailbreak iPhone 2G with OS 3.1.3. Third party jailbreak iPhone Software helps you a lot to do so. I used this tool and now enjoying various favorable themes and apps of iPhone. I easily unlocked my iPhone using this tool also. It not only works for jailbreak but also for unlock.

Now it is easy to jailbreak iPhone 2G with OS 3.1.3. Third party jailbreak iPhone Software helps you a lot to do so. I used this tool and now enjoying various favorable themes and apps of iPhone. I easily unlocked my iPhone using this tool also. It not only works for jailbreak but also for unlock.

thats because its the original iphone of 2007 has no baseband and is pwned for life that you dont even use ultrasn0w to unlock it but the devs made it that way for newer devices to bring the jailbreak numbers up.. any way who still uses that ancient device?