What's new

How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 4 GSM Using RedSn0w (Mac) [4.3.3]

Gregoris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
These are instructions on how to jailbreak your iPhone 4 on the 4.3.3 firmware using RedSn0w for Mac.

Step One
Create a folder on your desktop called Pwnage

Download RedSn0w from here (https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/files/home/redsn0w_mac_0.9.6rc15.zip?attredirects=0&d=1) and place it in the Pwnage folder. Likewise, download the latest 4.3.3 firmware from below and place it in the same folder.

4.3.3 (4 GSM): http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/041-1011.20110503.q7fGc/iPhone3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw

Extract the RedSn0w zip file by double clicking it.

51824.png

Step Two
Connect your iPhone to the computer and launch iTunes.

49944.jpg

Select your iPhone from the list of devices on the left. Now hold down Option and click the Restore button. Restore is preferred as it won't create any wasted space on your iPhone.

49945.png

49945.png

Navigate to the Pwnage folder on your desktop and select the 4.3.3 firmware ipsw. Click the Choose button to continue.

51825.png

Step Three
Once iTunes has finished updating your iPhone to the desired firmware open the Pwnage folder on your desktop and launch the redsn0w application from the redsn0w folder we extracted earlier.

49946.png

Step Four
Once RedSn0w opens click the Browse button

51826.png

Step Five
Select the 4.3.3 firmware ipsw we placed in the Pwnage folder on our desktop then click Open.

51827.png

Step Six
Once the firmware has been verified click the Next button to continue.

51828.png

Step Seven
RedSn0w will now prepare the jailbreak data

50121.png

Step Eight
From this window you can select the jailbreak options you would like.

51829.png

Make sure Cydia is selected and click the Next button to continue

Step Nine
Please plug your iPhone into the computer and make sure its OFF then click the Next button

51830.png

Step Ten
RedSn0w will now guide you through the steps to get into DFU mode. You can find more help with DFU mode here (iClarified - iPhone - How to Put an iPhone Into DFU Mode)

51831.png

Hold down both the Home button and the Power button for 10 seconds.

51832.png

Release the Power button and continue holding the Home button until RedSn0w detects the device.

51833.png

Step Eleven
Your iPhone will now reboot

51834.png

Step Twelve
RedSn0w will then begin uploading the new RAM Disk and Kernel.

51835.png

Step Thirteen
Once this is complete you will be notified that RedSn0w is done. Click the Finish button. When your iPhone finishes rebooting (5 minutes or so) it will be jailbroken with Cydia on the SpringBoard.

51836.png

*As usual a big thanks to the iPhone Dev-Team and I0n1c for their hard work and contribution to the iPhone community.

Last edited:
What is untethered and tethered jailbreaking???

Tethered jailbreaks require you to connect your device to your computer and boot it with software every time the device reboots or loses power. An untethered jailbreak does not. That is the only difference.

Thanks for the answer........is the untethered jailbreak for iOS5 is available.......

If yes, can anyone tell me how can I do that, cause as I update my iOS to 5 from the previous one the jailbreak was gone.......

Unleashed said:
There is no un tethered jailbreak for ios 5 atm

I have a Verizon iPhone with 4.2.8, is there a jailbreak for a newer version?

Unleashed said:
There is no un tethered jailbreak for ios 5 atm

But I saw in a forum that, there is an untethered version using snow breeze.....

I don't know how authentic is that....

Jmills87 said:
You can jailbreak 4.2.8 with JailbreakMe.com

Like Unleashed said, there is no untethered iOS5 jailbreak.

I did... But there is no newer version right... Other than 4.2.8

Im an iphone 4 4.3.1. simlocked device user.Im using it with gevey..My baseband is 04.10.01..

Im here to learn more about iphone 4 specifications..for now, im especially looking for updating my version to 4.3.3 and jailbreak it..

I dont have any shsh saves..I ve heard about the "ifaith" program".Could i use it to update and jj, if so how can i do guys..

Thanks for all the help..[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

If you don't have 4.3.3 SHSH there's no way to update to that firmware. You can jailbreak 4.3.1 with JailbreakMe

iFaith will only let you dump the SHSH for the firmware you are currently on(so you could dump your 4.3.1 SHSH in case you ever need to restore 4.3.1)

grimfandango83 said:
Im an iphone 4 4.3.1. simlocked device user.Im using it with gevey..My baseband is 04.10.01..

Im here to learn more about iphone 4 specifications..for now, im especially looking for updating my version to 4.3.3 and jailbreak it..

I dont have any shsh saves..I ve heard about the "ifaith" program".Could i use it to update and jj, if so how can i do guys..

Thanks for all the help..

You cant go anywhere but 5.0.1 without shsh.

But if you do, you have to do it with a custom ipsw so you dont update your baseband or the phone will lock and will be unusable. Let me know if you need details