What's new

How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 4 GSM Using RedSn0w (Windows) [4.3.3]

Gregoris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
These are instructions on how to jailbreak your iPhone 4 on the 4.3.3 firmware using RedSn0w for Windows.

Make sure not to update to iOS 4.3.3 if you need an unlock as one is not yet available!

Step One
Create a folder on your desktop called Pwnage

Download RedSn0w from here https://sites.google.com/a/iph.../redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc15.zip?attredirects=0&d=1 and place it in the Pwnage folder. Likewise, download the latest 4.3.3 firmware from below and place it in the same folder.

4.3.3 (4 GSM): http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/041-1011.20110503.q7fGc/iPhone3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw

Extract the RedSn0w zip file into the same folder.

51750.png

Step Two
Connect your iPhone to the computer and launch iTunes.

49924.jpg

Select your iPhone from the list of devices on the left. Now hold down Shift and click the Restore button. Restore is preferred as it won't create any wasted space on your iPhone.

49925.png

49925.png

Navigate to the Pwnage folder on your desktop and select the 4.3.3 firmware ipsw. Click the Choose button to continue.

51751.png

Step Three
Once iTunes has finished updating your iPhone to the desired firmware open the Pwnage folder on your desktop and launch the redsn0w application from the redsn0w folder we extracted earlier.

**Windows 7 users may want to try running the redsn0w executable mode as an administrator in Windows Vista compatibility. You can do this by right clicking the executable and selecting Properties from the contextual menu.

50154.png

Step Four
Once RedSn0w opens click the Browse button

51755.png

Step Five
Select the 4.3.3 firmware ipsw we placed in the Pwnage folder on our desktop then click Open.

51753.png

Step Six
Once the firmware has been verified click the Next button to continue.

51756.png

Step Seven
RedSn0w will now prepare the jailbreak data

50158.png

Step Eight
From this window you can select the jailbreak options you would like.

Make sure Cydia is selected and click the Next button to continue.

51754.png

Step Nine
Please plug your iPhone into the computer and make sure its OFF then click the Next button

51758.png

Step Ten
RedSn0w will now guide you through the steps to get into DFU mode. You can find more help with DFU mode here http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034

51759.png

Hold down both the Home button and the Power button for 10 seconds.

51764.png

Release the Power button and continue holding the Home button until RedSn0w detects the device.

51760.png

Step Eleven
Your iPhone will now reboot

51761.png

Step Twelve
RedSn0w will then begin uploading the new RAM Disk and Kernel.

[im]http://www.iclarified.com/images/tutorials/14562/51762/51762.png[/img]

Step Thirteen
Once this is complete you will be notified that RedSn0w is done. Click the Finish button. When your iPhone finishes rebooting (5 minutes or so) it will be jailbroken with Cydia on the SpringBoard.

51763.png

*As usual a big thanks to the iPhone Dev-Team and I0n1c for their hard work and contribution to the iPhone community.
**Windows 7 users may want to try running the redsn0w executable mode as an administrator in Windows Vista compatibility mode if you experience any trouble.

Last edited:
I can't download RedSn0w from your link
is there any other source you could give me
thanks a lot man

Is there a way to redownload Cydia onto your phone? I had my Verizon iPhone 4 flashed over to Cricket, but I cant send MMS. Everyone keeps telling me that Cydia will fix it, but that is not on my phone

Is there a way to redownload Cydia onto your phone? I had my Verizon iPhone 4 flashed over to Cricket, but I cant send MMS. Everyone keeps telling me that Cydia will fix it, but that is not on my phone

The only way to do that would be to have your iPhone jailbroken with some sort of FTP or some sort of command line terminal like MobileTerminal from Cydia. Otherwise, in your case, you'll have to rejailbreak your iPhone and install Cydia, then reflash Cricket.

I've downloaded the latest redsn0w but when I click on properties it doesn't ask to run in service pack 3 on mine ,only 2 .im on vista will that make a difference ? I get to the 1st done screen loads of text on the phone then it stops with please wait ,no pineapple lol ? What u guys reckon ? Also will this enable me to use a diff network as its locked to a carrier

Thanks in advance

Can you be a little more in-depth about the process that you took when trying to restore? And no, jailbreaking =/= unlocking. The only way to software unlock an iPhone 4 using UltraSn0w is if the baseband is 01.59.00. Otherwise, with a certain combination of baseband and iOS, you can use an interposer like the Gevey or you can IMEI unlock it, which has no requirements for iOS and baseband

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

Ok so I downloaded red snow latest version
Click properties
Compatability
Check run this programme in compatibility mode
Drop down box does not give me the option for windows service pack 3 like I have seen on most of the videos I've watched ??
So ,check run as administrator open red snow ,
Extras,select ispw I downloaded 6.0 and 6.0.1
Have to click 6 or it says u can't do it with 6.0.1 ,then hit jailbreak,install cydia ,loads some stuff turn on dfu loads more then says done the rest will happen on the device ,
Lots of scrolling text on the phone then just please wait all the wat down the screen ,no pineapple lol hope that's clearer