What's new

How to downgrade or preserve the firmware of your iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.
That video isn't bad. He explaine everything quiet clearly and you might follow his advices to downgrade as well. Just remeber to have th computer admin, and itunes up to date and that you have really and perfectely save the shsh for the iOS you want to downgrade now.
IMO if you meet all those requirements, you are good to go.

Thanks a lot! I'll give it a try by weekend and let you know if it worked out well. It's just the baseband issue that's been worrying me.
Here's a screen shot of the SHSH saved in my iPhone.
and what iOS will you recommend other than 4.3.2 ? for me 4.0.1 worked really good. Didn't try any other iOS after upgrading from 4.0.1 to 4.3.2

Good, i see that you have many iOS shsh saved. So there shouldn't be troubles downgrading. Actually i can't recommend you any iOS, from what i know higher iOS are more stable than a lower one, that's theoricaly but many found that their previous iOS was more stable than the upgrade one, and i do not see any major features between the iOS itself specialy if one is planing to just sms calls, emails and play some games once in a month.
You just load in any of your saved shsh iOS which you recall was good of use for you. You can also try out the latest one and see how it works out for you. It's all your call.

MalwareBAB

bab2010 said:
Good, i see that you have many iOS shsh saved. So there shouldn't be troubles downgrading. Actually i can't recommend you any iOS, from what i know higher iOS are more stable than a lower one, that's theoricaly but many found that their previous iOS was more stable than the upgrade one, and i do not see any major features between the iOS itself specialy if one is planing to just sms calls, emails and play some games once in a month.
You just load in any of your saved shsh iOS which you recall was good of use for you. You can also try out the latest one and see how it works out for you. It's all your call.

MalwareBAB

Thanks. It really helped a lot. I'll give it a try soon.

Just use my guide to downgrade to 4.1. The only difference is that you will need a custom ipsw with the 1.59.00 baseband on it. You can create one yourself using pwnage tool (mac) or snowbreeze (windows)....

Just use my guide to downgrade to 4.1. The only difference is that you will need a custom ipsw with the 1.59.00 baseband on it. You can create one yourself using pwnage tool (mac) or snowbreeze (windows)....

where can I find your guide and the custom ipsw with the 1.59.00 baseband?

where can I find your guide and the custom ipsw with the 1.59.00 baseband?

by the way I see your signature says '4.3.3' , are you having any battery issues? my battery drains really fast in 4.3.2 but was perfect in 4.0.1. I went through many blogs and forums and most of the people said the problem is with all the 4.3 iOS while few said it's because my firmware is that of 4.0.1 but the iOS of 4.3. What do you think it is? and would you recommend 4.3.3 over 4.1?

There were alot of users experiencing battery issues since 4.3. 4.3.3 has seen alot of people say that their battery is back to normal.

Personally I haven't noticed any difference since I got my phone on 4.1.

My guide is the first post in this thread. You will need to create your own custom ipsw using the tools already mentioned. You should be used to creating custom ipsw's since you've already preserved your baseband. Distribution of custom ipsw's is not allowed on the forums as it's a bit of a grey area when it comes to piracy...

gaz6076 said:
There were alot of users experiencing battery issues since 4.3. 4.3.3 has seen alot of people say that their battery is back to normal.

Personally I haven't noticed any difference since I got my phone on 4.1.

My guide is the first post in this thread. You will need to create your own custom ipsw using the tools already mentioned. You should be used to creating custom ipsw's since you've already preserved your baseband. Distribution of custom ipsw's is not allowed on the forums as it's a bit of a grey area when it comes to piracy...

Okay great! Thank's a lot you guys. I think I'll try 4.3.3 first and if it still doesn't solves the problem then I'll go back to 4.1.

guys just wanted to ask if anyone knows this thing actually works and is legit?
FAQ
$19.99 is definitely under my budget if it will actually unlock my iPhone permanently!! please let me know if anyone of you knows anything about this thing.
Something that doesn't sounds right here is the price... I checked few other sites previously and I remember they were charging at around $140 - $170. so why so cheap here?
If this is actually legit then it will save me a lot of time! won't have to preserve basebands and create custome ispw and all that hectic procedure. would really make life easier.
Thanks

If its the 'official' unlock I'm thinking about then yes it was legitimate. To the best of my knowledge it only worked on one firmware. So the people who paid app that money didn't get their money's worth if they upgraded...

A very expensive unlock for the one firmware that the sites don't give refunds but the plus side is that it worked for all the baseband versions not just 01.59

I followed everything in the guide correctly, the host file appears to be updated correctly too. However, when I try to downgrade from 3.2.9 to 3.2.8 (Verizon) I get error 3194 right after iTunes extracts the software and tries to verify it from Apple. I just downloaded the software from the links that are stickied in this forum. I restarted my computer too with no luck. I'm on Vista.

Have you read the guide in the link at the bottom of this one. I believe it applies for downgrading to 4.2.8 from 4.2.9 also...

Have you read the guide in the link at the bottom of this one. I believe it applies for downgrading to 4.2.8 from 4.2.9 also...
http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/h...ecovery-loop-following-4-3-4-downgrade-17494/

If you're referring to that, it does not appear to address my problem or the downgrade really. Something else maybe? I really want to downgrade to 4.2.8 so I can jailbreak my phone again.

Edit: I just re-read that. Can I follow the steps there to jailbreak my phone and downgrade at the same time and then go to jailbreakme so that it is an untethered jailbreak?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.