What's new

HOW TO - Downgrade IOS5 Beta Baseband 04.11.08 to 04.10.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
I downgraded successfully with iTunes 10.5.

Download 4.3.5 ipsw and tinyumbrella (uncheck mark "set hosts to cydia on exit" in advanced tab. Put phone into DFU mode, open itunes + hold shift key on restore button, choose 4.3.5 ipsw and you're good!

its not workin out for me..error 1604 comin.. tried many times.. And my phone is not comin out of recovery mode only;( wat to do..!! M totally helpless..somebody pls help..!!

HEy hi, just started again.. I installed the older version of itunes. den connected my iphone in DFU mode. Once it got connected it asked me to restore it..Once i pressed restore button it started downloadin and updatin my phone with 4.3.5.. It is not usin the previously saved 4.3.5 on my desktop.. I s that a good sign?? what should i think?? And before restorin a pop up box came sayin that ur phone will b restored in original settings and all the media will b deleted..Pls help

How do you know it's not updating from the 4.3.5 on your desktop?

You're supposed to command-click restore. That way you can point it to the right ipsw. I didn't have to use an old version of itunes. I have the latest beta installed. I did get the same error as you but it was because I wasn't in DFU mode, just restore mode. If you can see the "connect to itunes" thingy on the screen you're in the wrong mode. The screen should be black.

its not workin out for me..error 1604 comin.. tried many times.. And my phone is not comin out of recovery mode only;( wat to do..!! M totally helpless..somebody pls help..!!

That's your problem. Don't put it in recovery mode. Go into DFU mode. Hold down both buttons for exactly 10 seconds. Then let go of the power button but keep the home button pressed for another 10 seconds. Do this with the phone plugged into the computer and itunes up and running. It will detect a phone in "recovery" mode that is, in reality, in DFU mode. Screen should be black.

That's your problem. Don't put it in recovery mode. Go into DFU mode. Hold down both buttons for exactly 10 seconds. Then let go of the power button but keep the home button pressed for another 10 seconds. Do this with the phone plugged into the computer and itunes up and running. It will detect a phone in "recovery" mode that is, in reality, in DFU mode. Screen should be black.

If you really can't get out of recovery, use tiny umbrella to get out. Then get 4.3.5 on as is described earlier in this thread. Make sure you follow the steps properly. Don't go into recovery mode, for starters. Then use the latest redsn0w beta to build a custom ipsw that won't update your baseband. Go back into DFU and command restore that custom ipsw with itunes. Much easier than using tiny umbrella. Worked like a charm for me.

It may be that you're just too late. I could have been the last person Apple signed for. When you googled your error what did you get? Mine, which I think was the same number as yours, was described by Apple as a USB cable error. Wrong, of course. But at least it didn't say anything about not signing firmware. So I redid everything and made sure I was in DFU, not recovery, which was the mistake I made. Worked perfectly, too a little over an hour from iOS 5 back to iOS 5 with old baseband.

I downgraded successfully with iTunes 10.5.

Download 4.3.5 ipsw and tinyumbrella (uncheck mark "set hosts to cydia on exit" in advanced tab. Put phone into DFU mode, open itunes + hold shift key on restore button, choose 4.3.5 ipsw and you're good!

That's the method anybody can use any time if they have the shsh blobs. But it won't downgrade the baseband unless it can talk to Apple and get permission. If you point the hosts file somewhere how do you expect it to do that? Have you verified that your baseband is the old one?

Short version: Don't follow this dude's advice. It won't work and it'll waste time - this hole could already be closed but if it isn't time is of the essence.

now the error 3194 is comin up for me.. my cell's screen is still black.!1 but before restorin the phone i tunes is sayin phone in recovery mode and need to be restored

My tiny umbrellas TSS server is not running.. what does that mean? I dont have any files saved also

My tiny umbrellas TSS server is not running.. what does that mean? I dont have any files saved also.
Can u send me the correct link from where i can download tiny umbrella. I dont have any saved SLSH o watever files..

M gettin different errors again and again.. just now i got error 1600. I went in tiny umbrella to see. so they asked me to boot the phone..i did that but again nothings happenin.. guys M i screwed??

Hello, I'm pretty sure I have the same problem as everyone else here. I updated my iPhone 4's iOS to the iOS 5 yesterday through iTunes; I have the recent version of iTunes which is 10.5. I cannot use my phone as it has Gevey sim card and I'm with T-Mobile so I've been trying everything to revert it (even the methods that have been said here) but no progress has been made. Any solutions?

Hey while doin all this downgrading thing which sim should be present inside the phone? the original sim which came with iphone o the gevey turbo sim slot with my present carrier?

my phone is not goin out of recovery mode. while pluggin to itunes also that cord + iyunes sign is comin up on screen,!! that means its in recovery stage right?? pls give me a proper guide how to get it bk in dfu mode?? And yeah m tryin it with tinyumbrella.. so pls if any body can explain the entire procedure..i m gettin different diffrent errors.. and yeah do we need to uncheck REQUEST SHSH FROM CYDIA also in tinyumbrella??

M gettin different errors again and again.. just now i got error 1600. I went in tiny umbrella to see. so they asked me to boot the phone..i did that but again nothings happenin.. guys M i screwed??

No, it'll be fine. Have you had tiny umbrella running the whole time, or just to try to bump it out of recovery? Anyway, it shouldn't be running to do this. Is your hosts file set to apple (ie not set to look at cydia instead?) Have a look and see if there's something commented out with pound signs. If apple's IP is commented out, put it back by removing the # symbols. Basically everything should be set as if normal for this.

Then hold down both keys. When the apple appears count 3 seconds and then let go of the power button. If you're not sure if you're doing it right you can always fire up redsn0w (get the beta 5 version), go into extras, and choose "pwned DFU mode." It will guide you through and tell you when you're in DFU. Then go to itunes, which should be telling you your phone needs restoring. Hit ok and then hit option restore (or whatever the PC equivalent is) and choose your 4.3.5 ipsw. That should be it.

And yeah, put in the normal sim, I would think. But I'm not sure on that - what did you do when you upgraded to iOS 5? Did it work with the gevey? I can't really answer this because I don't unlock - I just want the option when I sell it eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.