What's new

HOW TO - Downgrade IOS5 Beta Baseband 04.11.08 to 04.10.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey addy, I did the same thing and what worked for me, first download a 4.3.5 firmware off redsnow and put it in a folder on desktop. Then I had an older itunes installed on my wifes computer so i put my phone in dfu and plugged it in. It will tell you about dfu then hold shift down and hit restore and find your save firmware double click and walaa. Im back on 4.3.5 with 4.10.01 and using my gevey again hope this helps
Thanks for you help buddy...! Can you do me one more favor can you please tell me the whole procedure in steps please I found iTunes older version now where to get red snow and what version of redsnow to download and. One thing more please you updated your phone to ios 5final or beta?

It will be a great help...!
Thanks

I updated mine to the final ios5 through itunes 10.5 and my gevey sim didnt work so I found a 4.3.5 firmware
And restored it through the 10.4 itunes

Chitown, when did you downgrade? Today? Ios5 offical launched yesterday. I guess apple is not blocking the signings yet?

Did it about 6 hours ago, thanks to the apple gods cuz I was without a phone allday yesterday and all morning today.

Thanks for you help buddy...! Can you do me one more favor can you please tell me the whole procedure in steps please I found iTunes older version now where to get red snow and what version of redsnow to download and. One thing more please you updated your phone to ios 5final or beta?

It will be a great help...!
Thanks

Hey Addy, I figured out how to restore to 4.10.01. Just download the 4.3.5 IPSW. Then open iTunes and connect your phone (leaving it on, no DFU mode). Hold 'Shift' and click UPDATE NOT RESTORE. Find the 4.3.5 IPSW and iTunes will do the rest buddy. :)
Good Luck

Hi everyone, my iPhone 4 was on 4.3.5 locked to tmobile with 4.10.1 baseband, after update to ios5 its badeband changed and it can't make or revive calls or txt messages, it does recognise tmobile with signal and tmobile 3G Internet works no call please help thanks

I was downgrading my iphone 4 and got the 3194 error... some one please help? i've been trying to get this working for 4 days now :(

Edit: NEVER MIND :D i love you guys!!! it worked the second time i tried :D:D:D:D now i finally got my connection with the world of interwebs back :)

Last edited:
So is it possible to do this even today?
I upgraded my baseband with itunes while updating to ios5 - stupid i know.
so is it possibly, by following this guide to get everything back and working?
(im gevey unlocked )
thank you guys!

So is it possible to do this even today?
I upgraded my baseband with itunes while updating to ios5 - stupid i know.
so is it possibly, by following this guide to get everything back and working?
(im gevey unlocked )
thank you guys!

I can confirm that as of about a minute ago (10:30 am Pacific time, October 14) Apple is still signing 4.3.5. I upgraded to/jailbroke iOS 5 when the GM was released, having been sitting at 4.3.3/04.10.01 for quite a while. Although I'm not an unlocker I will get a new phone at some point and decided today I wished I had preserved the old modem firmware so I could sell it as "Gevey compatible." I was at iOS 5/4.11.08 just a few minutes ago. I downloaded 4.3.5 from redmond pie, put the phone into DFU and hit option restore. I'm now at 4.3.5/04.10.01, but in a few more minutes I'll be back at iOS 5 with the older firmware.

Thanks for drawing my attention to this, OP, and keep us posted here as long as it's still working. I"m sure I'm not the only one who was glad to discover this news.

Sorry just read it.. but i am gettin error 1604.. now i am tryin it with old version of itunes.

Hey sorry Mick, actually tried doin it with itunes 10.5 but got error 1604.. wat should i do?? Shall i try with older version of i tunes? And just i have to connect my phone to i tunes and hit restore in DFU mode?? thats it?? No need to edit hosts lines and all??

HEy hi, just started again.. I installed the older version of itunes. den connected my iphone in DFU mode. Once it got connected it asked me to restore it..Once i pressed restore button it started downloadin and updatin my phone with 4.3.5.. It is not usin the previously saved 4.3.5 on my desktop.. I s that a good sign?? what should i think?? And before restorin a pop up box came sayin that ur phone will b restored in original settings and all the media will b deleted..Pls help

Status
Not open for further replies.