What's new

How to correctly remove a theme/app

klw91

Reaction score
Hello. If I want to remove a theme or any other app downloaded from Cydia, do I first need to put my phone into safe mode or can I just go ahead and remove it without doing anything else first like disabling it somehow? I'm new to jailbreaking so sorry if this question seems stupid or if it's been covered in another thread. Thanks!

If those are tweaks, go to settings and scroll down to see the tweaks names, now to go cydia, search for the tweaks and you will see a green mark near the name of the installed tweaks, tap on them and uninstall them, then respring. If they are like apps and have icon on your home screen, then look for "cydelete" tweak in cydia, install it, respring, and tap on the icon and delete it like you delete any other app from the phone.

If those are tweaks, go to settings and scroll down to see the tweaks names, now to go cydia, search for the tweaks and you will see a green mark near the name of the installed tweaks, tap on them and uninstall them, then respring. If they are like apps and have icon on your home screen, then look for "cydelete" tweak in cydia, install it, respring, and tap on the icon and delete it like you delete any other app from the phone.

Thanks, if i use cydelete, do i have to undo any settings that i set within the theme im gonna delete ?

Will the deletion of a theme remove all the settings that i had made or applied ?

Im new to this JB and themes , i dont want to mess up the settings so bad that i need to start all over !!