What's new

Newbie JB Question - Status Bar

beerjjj

Reaction score
Hi All,

As title I am new to jailbreaking and have succesfully jailbroken my iPhone yesterday and so far love some of the themes I have found.....however I do have a question that will no doubt be easy to answer.

I'm looking at changing my status bar icons like the carrier name etc... I have found a few themes but when I active them in Winterboard nothing happens. I do also have Springtomize and that does not seem to work either.

Should I be downloading an app from 'Utilites' and then add in a theme for it to work?

Sorry if it's a daft question.

Thanks - Jas :)

Last edited:
You have to make sure that it's made for your software... I thought I was having this problem too at first. But if it says made for 4.2.1 and you're on 4.3.1... Chances are it won't work right. Just gota find the right ones!

you can change your carrier name by using a free app called fakecarrier in cydia, also you can look in the themes folders and you can find endless amounts of themes for batteries keyboard wifi / 3g sliders and you can change the slide to unlock and really customise everything... a lot of the themes dont work so if you download one and enable it in winterboard and nothing happens then that is why. devs need to make their apps work with 4.3.1

That's excellent thanks guys.

I'm assuming that the developers will eventually catch up with the new version now that the jailbreak is out....just need to give them some time.

Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

yeah some apps you know will always be ready for newer firmware jailbreak but some apps just stop working and never work again.. so you never know

Excellent....don't fancy doing a whole lot of trial and error as there are loads of themes!!!

Also just seen in the description and recent changes link for Springtomize that there is an update to 1.4 today so hopefully will cover what I need....just need to wait for Cydia to update

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net