Question Regarding Theme Creating

Discussion in 'iPhone Themes' started by rc193, Mar 2, 2014.

1. rc193

rc193 New Member

I would like to start creating full themes, I already started making icons and have a few questions.

To start I have downloaded the UIImages rar file I had found online but I am not sure they are iOS 7 compatible.

My first question is the AppMask file, can i simply blank it out ?
    By doing this i should be able to make any form of custom icon I would like, assumption of course.

Next question is for dialers, I found a tutorial online telling me what png files I need to edit in order to complete this task but the only issue is I can't
    find the png files in the UIImages rar.

what do i need to do ?

I would also at some point in time like to do things similar to some of the widgets in the nux theme for example, how do I go about doing that ?

As always thanks in advance,
    rc193

2. willerz2

willerz2 Super Moderator Staff Member

Yes you can leave the mask blank. On iOS 7, I believe if you leave it blank, it will take the default mask.

The dialer is actually not in UIImages. It's in Bundles/com.apple.TelephonyUI, as are all (or 99%) of graphical elements of the phone app.

Widgets are generally separate from themes, as it's a lot easier to implement them individually using iWidget or LockHTML (if it's a lockscreen widget)

3. rc193

rc193 New Member

Alright I will test the App Mask both blanked and in the form of my actual designed icon.

I will look into the dialer files tonight and get accustomed to them.

4. rc193

rc193 New Member

I have been looking for these images for the dialer but cannot find them, can you give me the exact location for both the dialer and all icon related png files.

5. willerz2

Try /var/stash/Applications.XXXX/MobilePhone.app

6. rc193

rc193 New Member

you're the man willerz, respect.

7. G-Weezy

G-Weezy Active Member

For iOS 7 you can create overlays with Iconomatic to shape the icon to your desire. Creating iWidgets you need the widget plist. You can copy other iwidget plist to any weather tweak you want and make it an iWidget. Change the HTML to Widget.html. Copy the file to var/mobile/library/iWidgets.

8. rc193

rc193 New Member

Iconomatic ?

I will have to google it, I am very new to this jailbreak scene and want to contribute something back to the community for the tweaks they share and the time they take to help someone like me out.

I have found those images willerz has given me but I can't find the actual number images, unless they are to be drawn directly onto the dialer image itself.
    I noticed the icon for the phone as well is in the folder with the dialer images, not sure what to do with those.

It would be nice if someone laid out the exact locations of the icons for the springboard as well as the icons that display in the settings gui of the phone.

Thanks for the help and be ready to be bombarded with questions until this is fluent to me.

9. willerz2

iOS 7 theming is still relatively new and there aren't any complete themes present to work off of. The artists that dominated the complete theme portion of Winterboard themes are retired or aren't as active so you don't have their great minds exploring and taking it all apart. Then there's also the fact that Winterboard isn't 100% working on all devices on iOS 7, so you can't pin it as a developer issue or as a Winterboard issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

10. rc193

rc193 New Member

That is understood, I will do my best to do what I can for now with what is available to us to do so.

As of right now I simply want a dialer to match some icons on my phone and i will be happy and I will learn widgets, etc as i go along.

i only have a few apps on my device and a few tweaks so I don't need to make a million icons at this point in time.

With that said this directory you have pointed me to a few posts prior is everything i need to edit to do what I intend to do ?
    Or do I need to do some other things as well ?

11. willerz2

You may want to read up on the very basics of Winterboard theming here by Saurik/Jay Freeman to get the gist of the requirements and how it sort of works in the background. Here is a bit of a slideshow that an acquaintance of mine made a little while back to show how to theme icons the hard way or in a general sense. Below is a crop-out of an article on iFans. If you'd like the link, I can PM you it as we cannot post external links and such outside of a fairly limited arsenal.