What's new

How do you like sprints coverage?

If everyone is leaving Sprint, there won't be network overload problems soon:)

I'm sorry guys but I live in Denver and average about 1mbps during the day. At night and early mornings I get an upwards of 2-2.25mbps. My android which is on virgin mobile gets the same, and virgin is on the sprint network. When I lived in Arizona, I never got less than 1mbps ANYWHERE. I would always go out to the boonies to see some friends and got great service. I've never had an issue with sprint besides my 3G being out for two days because a tower was down. I also love not worrying about data usage because I use a lot of data every month. But to each his own. My brother lives in south Dakota and the only provider that gets ANY service there is Verizon. I drove up there a couple months ago and had zero service from Cheyenne Wyoming all the way to rapid city sd. I had no service at all lol. But where I live I get full bars and fairly quick data speeds so I'm fine. My advice to anyone looking to get sprint; get it and try it out. There's a trial period where you can try it out and if you get crappy service or aren't happy you can cancel everything no problem.

Ive heard denver has incredible sprint service. Here in detroit its just horrible. If I could average even 750kbps Id have stayed but god the speeds I was hitting were so bad. 1/8th of dial up speeds is not ok in my book. What irritates me is areas like denver whom arent suffering will be the first places to get the network upgrades because they can say "hey were improving, look at denvers new speeds". Just like 4g, "look how great the 4g speeds in blah blah city are", then cities like detroit see nothing. I actually reupped last time because they said I was getting 4g and the new towers first since they acknowledge how horrific my area was.

wingzfan61 said:
Ive heard denver has incredible sprint service. Here in detroit its just horrible. If I could average even 750kbps Id have stayed but god the speeds I was hitting were so bad. 1/8th of dial up speeds is not ok in my book. What irritates me is areas like denver whom arent suffering will be the first places to get the network upgrades because they can say "hey were improving, look at denvers new speeds". Just like 4g, "look how great the 4g speeds in blah blah city are", then cities like detroit see nothing. I actually reupped last time because they said I was getting 4g and the new towers first since they acknowledge how horrific my area was.

That's true. Arizona was even better for sprint. Thank god because I'll be moving back in a few weeks.

I've heard of spotty connection in certain parts of the country, but I live in NYC and haven't had any major issues. It's been as reliable as I hoped it'd be.

However, I think anyone considering Sprint should really understand what the 450/900/unlimited minute plans mean. According to Sprint, the only time those minutes are tapped is when you're making a call to a land line or making a call while roaming (not receiving/transmitting on sprint's network). Their plan states that data is unlimited and messaging is unlimited, this is true even while roaming. So essentially with the unlimited plan, you could be travelling internationally and roaming and still not get billed for messages, data or calls sent/received, however, I haven't confirmed that with Sprint yet.

Last edited:
Love Sprint where i work and live. In fact, just yesterday, a colleague has an iPhone 4S on Verizon. My 4S Sprint had 4 bars of cell signal, while his had only 2. So, yeah, i am happy with Sprint.

Sprints coverage has COME along way so there improving a great deal now if they would work on there customer service they would be great

mbaverizon said:
Sprints coverage has COME along way so there improving a great deal now if they would work on there customer service they would be great

Umm, their customer service is rated #1

Umm, their customer service is rated #1

There about the worst I've delt with,I had a small problem and they just wouldn't help me , no way shape or form, they would have rather lost me as a customer (3 lines) than help me , they have done nothing but lie to me so no in my eyes there about the worst ive been with !! And if I had there money I can pay someone to say Iam number one too!!!!!!!!

mbaverizon said:
There about the worst I've delt with,I had a small problem and they just wouldn't help me , no way shape or form, they would have rather lost me as a customer (3 lines) than help me , they have done nothing but lie to me so no in my eyes there about the worst ive been with !! And if I had there money I can pay someone to say Iam number one too!!!!!!!!

I have never had an issue with their cs. I always get people in America that speak clear English and they ALWAYS are very professional and solve my problems or questions. When there was a tower down near me, the cs rep I talked to called me every single day to see if my 3G came back. I have never experienced that level of good customer service before. It was very nice and made me feel like a valued customer.

And they don't pay to be #1 lol. No matter what company you deal with, there's gonna be some bad cs reps. Sprint is rated number 1 and I believe it.

I had AT&T many years ago, then had Verizon for 7 years, now Sprint for 2 years. I am in sales and drive all over Michigan and Ohio. I would say my Sprint coverage is better than my Verizon coverage was. I learned the Verizon "holes" and avoided being on the phone when driving into them. Sprint also has some holes...but about half as many. I am very pleased with the plans (unlimited), CS, phone selection, and coverage. And no, I don't work for Sprint! But I do make my living on the phone making sales calls and good coverage for VOICE is very important. Talking to a client making a large sale and having the phone drop the call really stinks!

mbaverizon said:

Sprints customer service is great in my opinion. Never have many reasons to call but they are always polite and quick to answer my questions.

My phone is great and data is only slow at peak hours, but they have cut the number of data ports in order to upgrade the network in my area. We are scheduled to be back up and running full speed by April.

Just depends on the coverage in your area. You also have to consider sprint is upgrading all of there towers so if you get on now this year going into next there coverage/speeds are only going To be getting better.

madcapjim said:
Sprints customer service is great in my opinion. Never have many reasons to call but they are always polite and quick to answer my questions.

Seems every time I call I get one that's cant speak a lick of English, hangs up on you, lies to you, and the list goes on!! But hey at least our getting great CS