What's new

How do you like sprints coverage?

steven5224

Reaction score
I have AT&T and I want to switch to sprint just because they have unlimited data and afraid that one day sprint will take that away like verizon and AT&T once did. I would like To know if the sprint iPhone have good reception in the San diego area and of the 3G speeds are as fast as AT&T and overall of its worth switching.

I have sprint here in Denver and I get better service than my grandma who has AT&T

+1billion for the "DONT DO IT".

3G speeds are atrocious compared to at&t. Granted it depends on your area but I just left sprint for AT&T and on sprint I was getting between 7kbps and 250kbps. No thats not a typo, their network is that slow. Couldnt stream anything or do anything data related. Just google sprints data and read how bad it really is. Unlimited datas great but not when you cant use it.

My sister has lived in San Diego for the last 6 years and she has never complained about her service on her phone. I went out there to visit her and my iPhone worked great; speeds were fast and service never cut out once.

Sprint has been really good to me and while some of my friends left Sprint for companies like Verizon and At&t, they are all jealous that I pay way less per month than they do and have unlimited data.

But sprint is only unlimited on there network if u travel like I do and use data off there network they charge you.

Sent from my iPhone 4

Sprint sucks around here, so does AT&T. Verizon is king in my area, coverage is different everywhere so it depends on your area.

ghostrunner21 said:
But sprint is only unlimited on there network if u travel like I do and use data off there network they charge you.

Sent from my iPhone 4

On my everything data plan data roaming is unlimited.

There is only one Return, and it is not Of The King, it is Of The Jedi

Last edited:
Here in my area sprint is slow as ****, the 3g is mostly 1mb/s sometimes 2 in a good day. If u want speed, get a 4G capable android from sprint, but first check if sprint has 4g in san diego tho

One more for the "Sprint Sucks" vote here. Service is terrible in every conceivable way. Network is TERRIBLE, unlimited data isn't worth much when you have no signal. They actually offer the suggestion of "just use wifi" ... Which brings me to the other problem. Customer service is the worst I have ever heard of - I have been lied to, ripped off, brushed off and just treated badly. I have a 100% bad experience rate with them - NEVER had a good visit to a sprint store or call in the phone with customer service.

Terrible, all around.

The only issue I've had so far is I went to pay my first bill and the store wanted to charge me $5 since I was paying in cash because they aren't a corporate store. I was not feeling good and had just spent 8 hours in jury duty, when I can't stand being close to most people so I told them they could stick their fee up their *** and left and drove to a corporate store.

There is only one Return, and it is not Of The King, it is Of The Jedi

Sprint 3G speeds are slow in many areas, but that should improve sooner rather than later. As far as coverage, I have no problems. I travel in quite a few places that coverage on all carriers is spotty and Sprint is just as good as the rest.
Their customer service was poor years ago, but not anymore. It's been improved and proof is available in various studies you can easily google. My calls are handled quickly and professionally, and that's all you can expect from any company.
In the end you have to do your homework and talk to people in your area that have Sprint in order to know if switching is a good idea.

Sprint 3G speeds are slow in many areas, but that should improve sooner rather than later. As far as coverage, I have no problems. I travel in quite a few places that coverage on all carriers is spotty and Sprint is just as good as the rest.
Their customer service was poor years ago, but not anymore. It's been improved and proof is available in various studies you can easily google. My calls are handled quickly and professionally, and that's all you can expect from any company.
In the end you have to do your homework and talk to people in your area that have Sprint in order to know if switching is a good idea.

Speeds wont improve till minimum 2013. Networks overloaded and cant be upgraded as quick as needed. Once they lost the alltell towers the lost a huge chunk of the offload.

As for customer service, for the most part its not bad but then you get what I get last night. Called and cancelled the remainder of my lines over the employee discount change. Account services supervisor said he made the change. Called back 10 minutes later to make sure I can port my number and the next supervisor told me he marked my account as a "save" and didnt cancel anything. Now heres the best part. I talked with this woman for an hour on how bad sprints service was to the point she tells me her personal phone is through verizon because the service is better. I about died laughing.

Sprints in DEEP trouble. Theyre seeing thousands of customers leaving and nowhere near the amount of new activations they need. The iPhone was supossed to save them but its actually crippling them.

wingzfan61 said:
Speeds wont improve till minimum 2013. Networks overloaded and cant be upgraded as quick as needed. Once they lost the alltell towers the lost a huge chunk of the offload.

As for customer service, for the most part its not bad but then you get what I get last night. Called and cancelled the remainder of my lines over the employee discount change. Account services supervisor said he made the change. Called back 10 minutes later to make sure I can port my number and the next supervisor told me he marked my account as a "save" and didnt cancel anything. Now heres the best part. I talked with this woman for an hour on how bad sprints service was to the point she tells me her personal phone is through verizon because the service is better. I about died laughing.

Sprints in DEEP trouble. Theyre seeing thousands of customers leaving and nowhere near the amount of new activations they need. The iPhone was supossed to save them but its actually crippling them.

Speed improvements are already taking place. Just depends on where you live. In my home 3G speeds are still bad, but in an area I drive thru everyday they are great, and just 2 months ago they were terrible. So again they are improving, and although they won't improve everywhere overnight, they will get better depending on where you are.
We can debate customer service all day, but the fact is its improved. Anyone who has been with Sprint a long time, and I've been with them since the late 1990s, knows this.
As for Sprint being in deep trouble, that's been said for years and they are still standing. On the customer issue, to say thousands are leaving is useless information. We won't know until later in the year how they are doing and what part the iPhone will play in it. All the rest is just speculation.

Speaking from my experience from when I had spring mid to late 90's I wasn't happy coz I would lose service and drop calls all the time but I thought it was the same for all companies until I got a Verizon phone from my job. That's when I saw the difference the Verizon phone hardly to almost never went out of service to whereas the sprint was almost always looking for signal so I switched to Verizon. Now I hear sprint is improving their coverage in the tristate area