What's new

Spints 3g is terrible in many areas!

zod5255

Reaction score
I Switched to Sprint from AT&T because I was having trouble with the cellular (phone) service. I couldn't make any phone calls from inside my house. Now my phone service is great! But my 3G is so bad in a lot of areas, it's ridiculous! And I live in a big city (New Orleans). Most of the time I can't even load and watch a YouTube video, much less surf the web! If you switch to Sprint, make sure you do not turn on your WiFi for the first couple of weeks to see if your iPhone works as good as you like. That way you can cancel your contract in the first 14 days without getting stuck with the ETF. Unfortunately, I didn't do that....

Yeah, as far as I can tell sprint sucks. Their network is awful and their customer service is a joke. I will wait out my contract and then I am gone. Until then I will warn everyone I can to stay away from this horrible company.

Take care,
Rob

I have sprint and have zero issues

Oh and I get a solid 1.5-2 mb download speeds on sprint 3G here in Denver.

Last edited:
to the OP. well atleast now you can make a phone call which is the number one reason you buy a cell phone. with at&t you may as well get an itouch. since you can't make a phone call without it dropping off. or maybe you should try verizon??

Sprints 3G is bad in my neighborhood, but 10 minutes away from my home it's great. And their customer service is very good, nothing at all like it was a few years ago. Unfortunately their reputation still lags behind the facts.
I have confidence their 3G will improve dramatically in the next year, and although it is still bad at my home, I've noticed major improvements in areas close to me that had terrible service only weeks ago.

You know it's interesting that Sprints 3G is slower on my iPhone than it was on my EVO.
Since I got my iPhone, I've given my daughter my old EVO, and the EVO picks up 3G better than iPhone in the same exact area. So I think it's a combination of carrier and phone

It's only because sprint had so many iPhones dropped on the network and there network is slow already but they are rolling out new towers beginning this year.