What's new

How do i delete my phone from itunes?

just1e

Reaction score
I forgot my password for itunes, i want to turn off the password for the backup but i cant remember the paassword. So thats why I need to delete the account so i can add my phone and backup with a password I can remember.

So unless there is an easier way, how do i delete the account im using?

thanks in advance for anyone willing to help, this is doing my head in. lol

Ok, finally worked out how to delete the old backup.

Now how do i set up as a new device?????

Anyone?

Ok, finally worked out how to delete the old backup.

Now how do i set up as a new device?????

Anyone?
When your iPhone is connected to iTunes, press the restore button. All content on your iPhone will be erased and when that's done you will be given the choice to set it up from the latest backup or as a new phone. Choose the new phone option. When the process is complete you will have an activated iPhone with nothing but the stock apps. You can then add whatever apps and other content you choose from your purchased list.

When your iPhone is connected to iTunes, press the restore button. All content on your iPhone will be erased and when that's done you will be given the choice to set it up from the latest backup or as a new phone. Choose the new phone option. When the process is complete you will have an activated iPhone with nothing but the stock apps. You can then add whatever apps and other content you choose from your purchased list.

Thats great but is there a way i can backup first? But not with the current password as i cant remember what it is??

This is from October 2014 no idea what IPhone or iOS are you your it's valid today?