What's new

How did I live without this phone! lol

bluemeanie

Reaction score
Hi guys! Got my first iPhone a couple weeks ago. I've always wanted one for years and was going to get the iPhone3 for $99 but wifey says just wait a week and go for the 4! So i did and OMG, how did I live with a regular phone? This thing is awesome. I also got the case so I don't have any antenna issues. As far as "that" is concerned...... get over it! lol This phone far out weighs that issue. Thanks and look forward to learning more of what this fantastic piece of tecknology!

What phone did you have before the iphone? Out of all the models, you picked a good one to start with. Now try playing with an older one. Wont work. The 3g processor is incredibly slow and the all the previous model's picture makes you want to put on glasses compared to our ip4. Also as this is your first iphone, wait till a jailbreak is released. You havent seen anything yet. I suggest you get a lil educated on the history of iphone jailbreaking.

jailbreaking is all good but apple are giving us less reason to want to.

True there. Im actually pleased to agree. New 4.0 features such as background wallpaper and "folders" are two main features i used when jailbroken and they did a great job on the ui so that is two less reasons. However, i still have certain jailbreak favorites im looking forward to having back.

Thanks guys. This is my first "smart" phone. So I basically got out of a VW and jumped into a Corvette! My wife calls herself a phone widow! lol I hear a lot about "jail breaking", in a nut shell.... what is that?

Thanks guys. This is my first "smart" phone. So I basically got out of a VW and jumped into a Corvette! My wife calls herself a phone widow! lol I hear a lot about "jail breaking", in a nut shell.... what is that?

Welcome here from Asia, in my family we have got all iPhone, in the past jailbreak is a must have even is not so easy but yet (in my eyes) is no need and especially for a newby , don’t touch that if you are not sure what exactly you are doing except if you want to have your precious as a brick in your desk .. you avoid the warranty, you made the system unstable, and you get the chance to transform it in beautiful and useless brick

I have Jailbreak more than 15 times all my mobile in the past yet with the 4.0 even have good software in the JB scene i will not do that at all

PS: after all is your own decision and $$

I personally can't wait to unlock this phones potential with the jailbreak. It's cool as it is bit it will be badass after the surgery. My first iPhone too tho btw, not sure how I got along on my winmo phone either it would pain me to go back.

I know how ya fee lim well addicted to mine lol it comes everywhere with me u name it and its there lol,if i had to go without my phone for a week i will definatey get cold turkey.
Injoy ya new phone u wont be disapointed.

True there. Im actually pleased to agree. New 4.0 features such as background wallpaper and "folders" are two main features i used when jailbroken and they did a great job on the ui so that is two less reasons. However, i still have certain jailbreak favorites im looking forward to having back.

agreed! one of them include sbsettings and medevils bluetooth would of been if it worked and had the proper coding, but i bet vlc will work nicely on the iphone 4

Wait until you try customizing with winterboards when the jailbreak comes out. You will waste many good hours installing all the cool widgets and icons. :p

Wait until you try customizing with winterboards when the jailbreak comes out. You will waste many good hours installing all the cool widgets and icons. :p

yes and with sbsettings, i used to change my icon pics and everything with winterboard, remember when it was summerboard. maybe next time they will make one called autumn board

agreed! one of them include sbsettings and medevils bluetooth would of been if it worked and had the proper coding, but i bet vlc will work nicely on the iphone 4

Bad news one of my friend have jailbreak is iPhone 4 in 4.0.1 and seem’s work fine …..