What's new

HELP!! phone is completely dead

iKyle

Reaction score
hey guys my iphone4 just completely died on me...it was working perfectly fine i sent a text put my phone in my pocket..got in my car a couple minutes later and pulled out my phone to check it and nothing happened when i was pressing the home button..i thought it was weird i know my phone had about 70% battery..i know i didnt turn it off but wth i tried the power button held it down and nothing still..plugged it in the car charger..nothing again its like completely dead..im not sure what to do..ive never dropped the phone or had water contact its only a couple months old its in perfect condition so this is very random..any help??? thanks

-kyle

ok just plugged it into my computer and it recognizes the phone like its on....so is my screen dead?!

Try a reset. Hold down the HOME, bottom button, and the SLEEP, top button, for about 10 seconds until the Apple icon appears, then release buttons. Allow it to reboot, it may take a few minutes, don't panic like I did, wait for it to reboot. Cures many weird problems on iOS devices.

hmmm..so i made an appt to to go the apple store and when i woke up this morning it was working again...hopefully this doesnt happen again..thanks for the replys though

iKyle said:
hmmm..so i made an appt to to go the apple store and when i woke up this morning it was working again...hopefully this doesnt happen again..thanks for the replys though

I would still take it to apple. You dont want that issue to come back.

Yeah Apple should just give you a new phone for free if there isn't any outside damage or if it hasn't been opened or tampered with.

yeah i guess i will take it in tommorow since i didnt go to my appt today i dont want that to happen again

went to apple got it replaced thanks guys