What's new

iP4 appeared dead last night

Kensterfly

Reaction score
Last night I clicked on the Home button to check for mail. Nothing happened. The screen stayed black. I knew the battery was around 80%. I'm sure I had not turned it off but pushed on the Power button anyway. Nothing. Held the Power button down. Nothing.

My 3G froze up once or twice and popped out of it when I plugged in the charger so I tried that but it didn't work. So, I finally held the Power button (on the iP4) and the Home button down at the same time for about ten seconds, let go of the Power button and held the Home button several more seconds. Then I got the Apple Icon on the screen and within a few minutes I was back in business.

What would have caused this to happen? I had hardly touched the phone all day. I had not downloaded anything in several days.

Thanks.

I'm not sure what causes this to happen but it happened to my first ip4. It hasn't happened to my new one yet. But as far as I can tell it didn't affect anything.

That is really weird. Ive never heard of having to put it into dfu mode to turn it back on. Do you remember what, if anything, you had running before it went dead? Or if you had a lot of apps in the background?

I am the O.P. I clear out everything running in the background pretty often. At least once a day. Yes, it is jailbroken. I can't remember what I had done earlier. The last thing I remember was playing "Doodle Bug" a couple of hours or so earlier.