What's new

iPhone 5 Will Only Charge When Dead

Almasi

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've got an issue that I can't seem to find any forum posts about anywhere.

My iPhone 5 will only charge once it is completely dead. If it is not, I get a message displaying "This accessory is not supported by this device," (or something along those lines), or nothing happens at all. Once it is completely dead, I can charge it, but if I take the charger out before it's fully charged it won't begin to charge again until it's dead. Even if I turn the phone off and charge it, it does not charge while off unless dead.

What I've already tried:
- Different chargers (5 of them, 3 different charger blocks, and charging from my laptop, both Apple and third party)
- Resetting all settings to factory default
- Going to the Apple Store. They would not touch my phone because I replaced my own screen with a non-Apple piece

Any ideas?? Please help.

NOTE: I cannot update to the newest iOS as I cannot connect to iTunes until this problem is fixed.

hookbill

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've got an issue that I can't seem to find any forum posts about anywhere.

My iPhone 5 will only charge once it is completely dead. If it is not, I get a message displaying "This accessory is not supported by this device," (or something along those lines), or nothing happens at all. Once it is completely dead, I can charge it, but if I take the charger out before it's fully charged it won't begin to charge again until it's dead. Even if I turn the phone off and charge it, it does not charge while off unless dead.

What I've already tried:
- Different chargers (5 of them, 3 different charger blocks, and charging from my laptop, both Apple and third party)
- Resetting all settings to factory default
- Going to the Apple Store. They would not touch my phone because I replaced my own screen with a non-Apple piece

Any ideas?? Please help.

NOTE: I cannot update to the newest iOS as I cannot connect to iTunes until this problem is fixed.
Seems sort of odd. I've never seen that except when I hooked my iPhone 5 up to a speaker/charger (non apple) that I had. I suggest a trip to the Apple Store to see if someone from Genuis Bar.

Most reactions

Latest posts