What's new

Can You recover Pictures From a 2 year Old Broken Iphone (First Gen)

Scubadivingpoop

Reaction score
2 years ago when i went rafting with my i forgot to water proof it and it was submerged in water for a long period of time. Afterwards the phone was completely dead (i think i tried charging when i got back to my friends house despite the internals being wet) and i gave up on it and got a new phone Iphone. It wasnt until couple weeks later when i realized it had photos in there that i didnt back up but the phone was completely dead and i tried charging it but nothing would happen so in a fit of rage i forced off the back panel exposing the internals and started fiddling with it, at one point i tore off the battery.

Does the phone have some sort of memory unit that i can somehow retrieve the data from? Its been dead for almost 2 years with no battery(threw it in the trash after i ripped it out of the iphone.) I would very much like to get these photos back any help would be appreciated.

I'll be honest with you... there isn't any hope of recovering anything from the iPhone's memory. 2 years ago... maybe. Corrosion has since set in and destroyed every electrical component... including the flash memory chip.